CS: AmigaMerlin 3.0 or 3.1?

Started by kWazt, 29 June 2005, 19:53:54

Previous topic - Next topic

kWazt

hey, i'm trying to get CS 1.6 to run as smooth as possible so i checked http://www.shifter.sk/helppage/default_fix.htm#voodoosandcs

first is to make sure i have the latest drivers installed (3dfx's v1.04.01 doesn't cut it i guess) so i downloaded AmigaMerlin 3.1 R1 here at 3dfxzone.it and checked http://www.falconfly.de/info/relnotes-amigamerlin-win2k_xp-31R1-full.txt for help on installing it.

last step according to the text is to set the 3dfx Tools like best preferred but i'm a big b00n when it comes to this so i checked this section of the website: https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/bestsettings/index.htm but it only has a balanced configuration guide for version 3.0.

all this is getting me kinda dizZ so i was wondering what to do.

question: should i?

1: just switch back to 3.0 (cuz cs doesn't need directx 8 or 9)
2: use version 3.0's best settings when setting 3.1?

your help will be very much appreciated [8D]

r21vo

well, those settings in 3dfx tools doesn't change at all lately, so feel free to use 3.0 guides on latest drivers.
i suggest to get latest amigamerlin drivers (3.1 r11), mix in latest sfft d3d core (3dfxvs.dll and 3dfxvsm.sys), add dxtn.dll (dxtn support for mesafx) and install them.

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv

ps47

yeah,make sure to load the latest amigamerlin driver,the old ones have problems with BSODs.3dfx tools settings dont matter too much,leave it as it is..

kWazt

QuoteOriginally posted by r21vo

get latest amigamerlin drivers (3.1 r11), mix in latest sfft d3d core (3dfxvs.dll and 3dfxvsm.sys), add dxtn.dll (dxtn support for mesafx) and install them.

i now have 3.1 R11 installed but i'm totally unknown with "mixing in latest sfft d4d core and adding dxtn.dll", and then installing them...

where can i find a manual or can you perhaps help me some more[?]

BTW, i'm running the following:

AMD Athlon XP+ 1800
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP
512MB DDR

r21vo

SFFT D3d core is two files: 3dfxvs.dll and 3dfxvsm.sys. Download SFFT drivers and copy those files to amigamerlin drivers2k directory (there will be already 2 files with same names - those are older SFFT D3d core versions).

dxtn.dll is for DXTn (S3TC) texture compression support, which increases speed or quality (depends on game), when using MesaFX (this means OpenGL games). You can download compiled dxtn.dll file from here. All you need to do is copy that file into amigamerlin driver2k directory overwriting empty one.

Driver should be installed using device manager or display properties panel.

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv

Nightbird

@ kWazt
Quotei'm trying to get CS 1.6 to run as smooth as possible
And why don't you try or use WickedGl since CS is a game based on the first Half Life ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community