3dfx Voodoo5 6000 Second Watercooling Edition

Started by voodoo5k6, 19 March 2012, 12:01:12

Previous topic - Next topic

pierrickuk

Interesting fascination going on there.

I understand people who collect the v5 6000 getting annoyed at TM failures when he decides to hack at some rare hardware, but ultimately, it is his money he's spending so he may do as he likes.

As for the v5 6000 community people thinking he should stop buying them, well, maybe they can stop selling them to him. I mean, he's kind of easy to track with google; from the start he said he has some projects of tweaking them and he's been keeping the world informed about his collection expanding and his projects to come.
I mean, if someone owns a v5 6000 and parts from it for a comfortable amount of money, they shouldn't go crying about what happens to it when it's out of their hands. They shouldn't have sold it in the first place.

All in all, I find this all thing quite interesting. On one side, one rich guy who decides to get his hands on many rare and collectible items, not only to drive the prices up but also to try to extract the last bits of performance out of them. On the other side, a church of firm believers in that the remaining items should be preserved.
In the mean time, I'd be happy with a working voodoo1.

Cheers all, and as they say around here, happy new year of the snake!

goriath

QuoteOriginally posted by pierrickukOn the other side, a church of firm believers in that the remaining items should be preserved.

Oh boy, this did really hurt me so much[B)]

Glide

- Obi-Wan Kenobi:

I've just replied to your mail. So, please don't add other messages in this thread, if these are related to this issue. The positions are very clear. Thank you.

- voodoo5k6:

Please freeze your posts about hardware mods and wait new comunications from me. However, your capabilities on cooling systems build are well known. Thank you.

Bye bye

voodoo5k6

Hello,

I have removed play-doh on blanks smd parts and clean the agp connectors.

The card is in life...

Regards.

Glide

OK, we're happy that card "is in life", but now I lock this thread to avoid possible flames.

voodoo5k6, please stop to post images of modded Voodoo5 6000 cards. Else, these messages will be removed. Thank you.

Bye bye