mismatched v2's

Started by skinnie, 06 June 2005, 23:17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnie

well i got my stb v2 today,and I want to put it in sli with my creative v2,but with legendgrafix,it appears with pink colors and with the other mm driver for xp..I cannot do nothing.
MSI KT3/Athlon XP 2400+/2x256Mb OCZ BH5/3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

MartinBnz

Hello,

i have Voodoo2 Sli Mismatched Cards and need a Driver for WinXP with DirectX.
When i install this driver above the cards are installed but i dont know they really work.
In directX, there is only my graphic card, my voodoo2 are not present.

With win98se they worked perfect, but i must install winxp because i have now 1024mb and they wont work corect with win98.

The Fast voodoo2 XP are good drivers but only for matched cards. Can someone make new drivers with mismatch support?

Sorry for my english, iam German.

Thank you for the help!

ps47

check my previous post,those are xp drivers with mismatched support.but they dont support D3D,they run only opengl/glide.if you want D3D support,your only option is the Voodoomage2 driver..

MartinBnz

Do i need both drivers or only one?

I forgot the 9 by DirctX in my post above.

I have WinXP and DirectX9. My System is Elitegroup K7S5A, AMD XP2000+, Geforce4 MX 64MB and 1024 DDR Ram.

Because my Graphic Card is using Direct 3D, i only need Glide drivers, right?

MartinBnz

The Glide driver works, but Directx9 dont't show the Voodoo2 Cards.
I have tested Incubation, it shows in the right corner 3DFX, can i turn off this?
I cant understand this language from the software. The Cards are only in system list, no changes for the cards are aviable.

ps47

dx9 wont show anything.this is normal.if you are using the Voodoomage2 driver,the control panel can be found in your start menu (there should be an option to turn of the logo).and yes,unfortunately not everything is in english.basically,if you dont need Voodoo2 D3D support badly (your geforce card supports D3D so you dont really need it),I would suggest you uninstall Voodoomage2 and use a "standard" voodoo2 xp driver (the one from koolsmoky for example).its enough for incubation if that (great btw) game is what you want to play..

or in short words:

standard setup:
latest koolsmoky's driver + Leinen Voodoo2 Tweaker.great speed and compatibility,the control panel will allow you to tweak almost anything.but supports only glide/opengl.the cards are shown under sound,video and game controllers.

experimental setup: Voodoomage2 driver.support for glide/opengl/D3D,but ist usually slower and less stable.its hard to tweak,standard tweakers dont work.can mess your registry if you are not carefull enough.the cards are shown under graphics adapters.

MartinBnz

Incubation is not the only Game i have that use 3DFX, i have a lot.

ps47

most of the games from the 3dfx era use glide for rendering,so you should be fine with the standard setup most of the time.there are few games that require voodoo2 D3D to run properly,however they are not too common.as I said,the standard setup should work perfect for most of your 3dfx games.

koolsmoky's voodoo2 driver.fixed to work under xp to work without errors.(supports glide and opengl,but you will need a standalone driver for opengl,see here for details)
Voodoo2 Tweaker V1.1 (sorry,no direct link,scroll down a bit and you will see it).allows you to change refresh rates,enable/disable SLI,enable/disable 3dfx logo,v-sync and more.

MartinBnz

I know don't use the voodoo cards anymore.
The driver lets the system crash, i only open directx9 diag, after a few seconds it appears every new start, when i make dxdiag.
Now the cards are out of the system, and there is no crash.

If some one have the same problem and same system take the cards out.

My system K7S5A (HoneyX Bios), 1024 MB Ram, XFX Geforce 4 MX440.

Voodoo2 R.I.P. for me. [:(]

Nightbird

If you have problems with this driver and IF you want absolutely a support for D3D, the best would be a second and legacy system with Win9x.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

MartinBnz

The Problem is when i make win98 on my system, my 1024mb only work with 512MB.
Win98 dont support 1024MB.

Nightbird

Why do you need 1024 ram ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

MartinBnz

I had two different in my faster PC, one Infineon and one Nanya, they work together, but i buy two same (Infineon), because i think two of the same work better. I dont want to sell one 512MB, than it is better in the pc befor i put it useless anywhere.
I often play now newer games on my second pc.

enthomologist

"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger