3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking
 Voodoo 2 SLI mapmem error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noded
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  16:37:40  Show Profile  Visit noded's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to run Enemy Territory (the only game that i have installed right now) with my "new" Voodoo 2 SLI, I installed the FastVoodoo 4.0 XP GE and try to run ET with Mesa FX but it gave me an error: mapmem returned an error trying to map memory.

I installed the patch for FastVoodoo but still it doesn't work.
What should i do ?

Sorry for my bad english.

kekit
Novice

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  18:39:02  Show Profile  Visit kekit's Homepage  Send kekit an AOL message  Send kekit a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
download this driver here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1839
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  22:21:13  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
dont forget to uninstall fastvoodoo2 first..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

noded
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  02:34:40  Show Profile  Visit noded's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I uninstalled the FastVoodoo and installed the ones from the link but when i try to play ET with Mesa FX (or WickedGL) it gaves me this error:

Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll' ): failed
...shutting down QGL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

What am I doing wrong ?
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  11:44:42  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
check your system32 folder if there are files named glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll (you system must be configured to show hidden hidden files),delete the GL folder in wolf main folder and instal the latest wickedgl,then copy the opengl32.dll from the wickedgl folder to Wolf main folder.see if that helps..

Go to Top of Page

noded
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  12:42:26  Show Profile  Visit noded's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, i rebooted the PC and now it give me again the mapmem error, i'm with the drivers from the link... i put the opengl32.dll in the ET folder.

btw, i have a GF FX i know that there are some issues with this gfx but i don't really know if it is the problem here.

I really don't know what is wrong.

Edited by - noded on 07/06/2005 13:18:08
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  17:20:57  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
hmm.what motherboard do you have?
try disabling the secondary output of your primary card.

Edited by - ps47 on 07/06/2005 17:21:38
Go to Top of Page

noded
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  10:17:00  Show Profile  Visit noded's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My motherboard is a Asus P4P800-E, i'm using win2k3, but as far as i know it is XP driver compatible.

How can i disable the secondary output of my primary card ?
(GeForce FX 5700)
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  13:27:02  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
see if you have the card listed twice in the device manager (primary and secondary output).radeons are listed this way,not sure about geforces,I never had one with dual output.win2k3 might cause that trouble,its maybe officially compatible with xp drivers,but its simply not the same..and this is a 3rdparty driver designed for win2000/xp,so compatibility is not guaranteed.

Go to Top of Page

noded
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  16:40:35  Show Profile  Visit noded's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No the geforce doesn't have secondary output like the ATI Radeon.

well so maybe i will install Win98SE in a near future to try it.

Thanks for all the help :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums