3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 Lamer questions about Mesa FX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gemail
Novice

Romania
32 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2005 :  18:35:57  Show Profile  Visit Gemail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please help me since I am a novice ...
In MesaFX 6.2.0.2 release there is no "conventional" package like in 6.2.0.1 and previous. There is no glide.dll, only opengl.dll. If I refer to MesaFX tutorial, I need the corect glide.dll for using with opengl.dll. What should I do? Take the glide.dll from 6.2.0.1 package and use with opengl.dll from 6.2.0.2 package? Should I use only the opengl.dll from 6.2.0.2 (no need now with this new release for glide.dll?); if so the tutorials for using MesaFX are now out-dated, do not aply and if so where can I find the new instructions?
From your previous experience what is the "best" MesaFX release in terms of performance and compatibility?
Thank you!

Edited by - Gemail on 21/05/2005 18:52:34

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2005 :  19:33:10  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
for mesafx to work correctly,you need the latest glide3x from sourceforge version 3.10.00.40404 BETA.it is irrelevant where you have downloaded it (its in the last "full" mesafx package for example),just make sure you have it in the folder along with the latest mesafx opengl32.dll,and everything should run fine..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

Gemail
Novice

Romania
32 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2005 :  11:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Gemail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So shoud I use the glide3x.dll in the main folder of MesaFX 6.2.0.1 package or the glide3x.dll found in the "STD_Glide3x_V3_4_5" folder?
Both are the right version and seems to be working fine. What is the difference between the two dlls? I am using a Voodoo3 card.
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2005 :  13:24:14  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I'm using the STD_Glide3x_V3_4_5 one.the one in the main folder is tweaked to support windowed rendering (I think,but not sure),and you dont need that.dont fix it if it aint broke ;)

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums