3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Hardware Components
 APUs, CPUs, SoCs, Motherboards and Memories
 Asus A7V333 AGP Pro safety chip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eck
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  07:12:00  Show Profile  Visit Eck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just got the board and it's a Revision 2.0, so I get to use a Barton 3000+. Cool.

Now, what is that small chip in the AGP slot? I saw a review on the net that showed a photo of it with a sticker over it saying to remove when using an AGP Pro card.

Does this mean I remove it for your modern type 1.5 volt card but leave it in for 3.3 volt cards (like the Voodoo 5 5500)?

There's nothing in the manual addressing this.

Asus A7V880
Athlon 3200+
Ati Radeon 9600XT
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Crucial DDR 3200 512x2
XP Home SP2

Abit KT7A
T-bird 1.2
Voodoo 5 5500
SBLive 5.1
Crucial SDRAM 512MB
98SE

Kyon_CoraeL
Novice

47 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  06:15:46  Show Profile  Visit Kyon_CoraeL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe it's for the infamous AGP pro cards... I have a motherboard as well with AGP pro slot, and I haven't found any reason to remove that chip other then using a AGP pro card which I haven't ever seen...
Go to Top of Page

Eck
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  07:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Eck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, heh. Infamous. I've never seen one either. A feller named Obi-Wan Kenobi at the Falcon-Fly board has the same motherboard and advised much the same.

I'd be afraid not to listen to a guy named Obi-Wan. Don't want the Dark Side creeping in!

Still waiting for all the parts to arrive. I've been reading and downloading all I can find that's associated with the board.

Now if I can only figure out what to do with my already installing and activating WorksSuite 2005 on 2 computers about 5 or 6 times already. Eventually I'm gonna get the OfficeXP activation denial. I only use one computer at a time, but Microsoft Product Activation won't know that. I don't think it's designed for weird computer tinkerers like me! I guess I'll call them and beg for mercy.

Asus A7V880
Athlon 3200+
Ati Radeon 9600XT
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Crucial DDR 3200 512x2
XP Home SP2

Abit KT7A
T-bird 1.2
Voodoo 5 5500
SBLive 5.1
Crucial SDRAM 512MB
98SE
Go to Top of Page

Kyon_CoraeL
Novice

47 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  20:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Kyon_CoraeL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
actually, I have found an article on AGP Pro and the card it refers to is a ATI fireGL. apparently it was AGP on steroids... faster frequencies and hotter...
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  21:27:46  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AGP pro draws more current as well. here is a link to illustrate.....
http://www.ertyu.org/~steven_nikkel/agpcompatibility.html

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page

Eck
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  23:34:12  Show Profile  Visit Eck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice info!

I think I'll use the same HD. Just F-Disk and format for the new board. A pain, but it's 120GB, and otherwise I'd be using an 80GB one. I'd rather have more room on the newer, faster machine. Maybe using the same HD will fool Office Activation a bit longer too! I'm not cheating. Like I said, just one computer at a time. But, they are different computers! No way I'm spending another hundred bucks (minus the $40 in rebates I wouldn't get for buying another copy).

Asus A7V880
Athlon 3200+
Ati Radeon 9600XT
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Crucial DDR 3200 512x2
XP Home SP2

Abit KT7A
T-bird 1.2
Voodoo 5 5500
SBLive 5.1
Crucial SDRAM 512MB
98SE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums