V2 (and Obsidian2) Glide driver kit 21/02/2010

Started by koolsmoky, 03 May 2005, 04:24:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

(...)only had problems with diablo2 rebooting my pc from time to time (the event viewer wrote this:
"The Voodoo2 Board Remapper service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."),the problem seemed to disappear when I loaded the original 3dfx memory mapper.(...)

Hello ps47, I'm have exactly this same error:
"The Voodoo2 Board Remapper service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."

--> how to fix it? How to "load the original 3dfx memory mapper"? What is this?

Thanks!
=Gaucho=

ps47

its the fxptl.sys file,use the one from fastvoodoo2 and the problem should be fixed.

koolsmoky

Hi. Just dropping off new drivers. Included are support for new glide features and fixes for the memmap errors reported in this thread. Sorry I hadn't released the files more earlier. I simply forgot for quite a long time. :P Anyway, check out the first post for details. I wish you all happy holidays and a prosperous new year.

-KoolSmoky

Glide

Koolsmoky,

many compliments and thanks a lot for this new gift to Voodoo 2 fans :).

Imho, the memmap errors fix is a very good news for V2 owners.

Bye bye

skinnie

thanks for the drivers koolsmoky :)
I'll test them asap :)
good 2010 for you and the rest of 3dfx warriors :D
MSI KT3/Athlon XP 2400+/2x256Mb OCZ BH5/3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

Radeux

Excellent. Good to see the community is still alive and a Voodoo2 driver no less! Who would have thought a 12 year old card would still have a following. No one still makes drivers for Rage or TNT now do they! Any chance of a new VSA-100 driver in the future? It seems that SFFT is officially finished with his project and my V5 is getting anxious to try some new shoes on! Might hafta find a c++ class to take if I don't see fresh drivers soon :)! Anyway awesome to see the Voodoo2 get a fresh charge. Keep up the good work koolsmoky!
*Copper cooled 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 Mac*
Athlon 64 2800+ 2GB ddr-333 2-2-2-5 Geforce 6100 mobo. 3dfx, the zombie that won't die!

koolsmoky

Dropping off a new V2 driver kit. This kit includes fixes for system hangs on modern systems. Also gamma will be set to 1.00 if you use the included driver inf to install the driver. I am currently running my trusty V2 along with an ATI Radeon.

Tips to run Need for Speed 2 SE on Windows 2K/XP/VISTA
1. Do NOT copy the glide2x.dll to the game's folder.
2. Use Microsoft's Application Compatibility Tool. Follow the excellent tutorial; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy1qfZBFEWo.

-KoolSmoky

cyberjak

Well i've installed the drivers,
and since that time as i've imaged the drive incase i borked things up.
i've had to restore it to that state before ever installing any 3dfx drivers.

so far i've tried the drivers from this post, and they don't give a control panel in the display settings. also i've tried original gl quake and a few others and all yield results of a black screen.
i then removed the miniport from the quake folder that the video came up but gamma was really low. so the picture was very dark. i've tried a number of way s to get this working and a few other driver set's and i keep getting stumped.
i either get a blank screen and no game sounds. or ai get very low frame rate and very dark gamma. i know long ago i got this working and got a time demo of 80 fps but i'll be darn if i can recall what i did
only one that came out was an old build of Darkplaces quake engine
Athlon Xp 2700+
MSI K7N2 ( Onboard Geforce MX )
2gb ram
SB Audigy PCI
Quantum 3d Labs Obsidian2 X24 ( Oorahhh)

ps47

there is no control panel in the driver.try the Voodoo2 Tweaker V1.1 from here: http://www.falconfly.de/tools.htm ,it should help you to adjust the gamma.

as for quake,you will need a standalone opengl driver to get it working-for this game,I  would recommend wickedgl: http://helppage.3dfx.sk/#wickedgl

cyberjak

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

there is no control panel in the driver.try the Voodoo2 Tweaker V1.1 from here: http://www.falconfly.de/tools.htm ,it should help you to adjust the gamma.

as for quake,you will need a standalone opengl driver to get it working-for this game,I  would recommend wickedgl: http://helppage.3dfx.sk/#wickedgl

rockin! yea shortly after i made that post i figured something like that. so i dug through my old archives and found a few opengl miniports plopped one in and voila!  got the twear you suggested, SPOT ON works perfect and is alot easier then messing with other ways.
going to try that wicked GL miniport next, but timedemo so far in excess of 150fps with vsync off @ 1024x768
NICE!
Athlon Xp 2700+
2gb ram
SB Audigy PCI

cyberjak

Ok very interesting as well diffrent system win98se
loaded refrence drivers for a set of individual voodoo2 cards, then copied in the glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll as refrenced in the topic and the readme of the package. however when launching such as glquake is says to upgrade my version of windows as glide2x expected a diffrent version. i thought it clearly said for 98/me to copy these into the windows\system folder?
Athlon Xp 2700+
2gb ram
SB Audigy PCI

netbeast

if anyone know how i can get a voodoo 2 to work in windows 7 please contact i know theres no current drivers and i dont know if anyone is making one im cheap right now but im computer doesnt handle any 3d.

ms-dos

QuoteOriginally posted by netbeast

if anyone know how i can get a voodoo 2 to work in windows 7 please contact i know theres no current drivers and i dont know if anyone is making one im cheap right now but im computer doesnt handle any 3d.
there are drivers that work in win7 32-bit fo2 the voodoo2

but if you are use a 64-bit win7 installment you will need to use my 64 bit driver

but I have not used/tested my driver in win7 yet