3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking
 run Voodoo 2 and Voodoo 3 in 1 system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

16 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  20:22:42  Show Profile  Visit fab_hofmann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how is it possible to choose in Games with witch card I want to play?

I have now a Voodoo 3 and a Voodoo 2 in my System. Id like to test and compare how the games run on both cards. Unfortunatly when I chose now a 3dfx glide driver in games it automatically choses the voodoo 3 card.

40 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  02:46:37  Show Profile  Visit pierrickuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote

On one of my systems, I have a similar setup only with a v5500AGP and a voodoo2 sli.
My guess is you probably use recent drivers for your voodoo3, which are the ones for the voodoo5 too.
So, what I do to use either v2-sli or v5 is, in the game directory (or sub directory if the .exe is in those), I copy the gide*.dll and related files from the driver pack/voodoo I want to use. I have 2 folders (v5 and v2) on my desktop with the files in them, so that when I want to change, it's there ready.
I think there might exist a glide select utility somewhere, but I've never tried.
Oh and that's for windows.

For DOS... good luck
Go to Top of Page

16 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  22:23:14  Show Profile  Visit fab_hofmann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
doesn't really work... ?! what Glide files do I have to insert? when I just rename it like the origin glide file from the game it gives me an error..

only thing that worked was in Halflife
Go to Top of Page

1461 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  21:02:07  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
try dropping both glide dlls from the voodoo2 driver to the game's folder. you may need the opengl driver as well.

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums