Stuck at 60Hz: No way out?

Started by Grand Admiral Thrawn, 18 March 2005, 23:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Greetings!

I recently switched my v5 6000 Box to Win2000 to try the newer AmigaMerlin 3.1 drivers. They really got a lot of stuff working, that the older AmigaMerlin 2.9 on Win98 wouldn't do.

I got stuck however with a rather annoying bug: The well-known 60Hz Bug, that affects D3D, OGL and Glide. I already tried ReForce, V5 Frequency Selector, and i tried to modify the refresh registry entries all by myself, to no avail.

I went to...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{<My Monitor Device Group ID>}\<Active Monitor Number>\Modes\1024,768\
...and tried to set the minimum vertical refresh rate to 85Hz for 1024x768, the resolution i'd like to use currently. I even modfied the minimum horizontal refresh rate to 96kHz, but it just doesn't help a bit. The modified entry looks like this: 96-254.0,85.0-85.0,+,+, where 96 is the minimum horizontal refresh rate in kHz (default 2.0) and the first 85.0 should be the minimal vertical refresh rate in Hz (default 60.0).

To be absolutely sure, i even applied my changes to all inactive monitors, didn't do anything either. I just can't get past 60Hz in Win2000, i also tried to reinstall the drivers several times.

v5 Freq Selector and ReForce have been tried several times after fresh driver installations too: No effect. As always, help is greatly appreciated... Staying at 60Hz vertical refresh rate just isn't an option.

Thanks very much in advance!

Update:
Tried V.Control now, since V.Control is supposed to overwrite the registry settings and apply changes by direct HW access. With the MS Windows Plug & Play monitor driver, i cannot select a single resolution in V.Control.

I can select a few very high res though when using the original driver for my monitor (Sony GDM-F520). I however cannot access lower resolutions like 1024x768 for instance.

See:
http://www.hardoverclock.com - Hard : Overclock!  Professionality   ...even overclocked!

ps47

have you tried setting the refresh via a bat file? try  this envvar:

set FX_GLIDE_REFRESH=85

I think your monitor is the culprit.try the pc with an other one if you can..