3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Gaming with 3dfx Voodoo cards
 Games
 Psygnosis Formula 1 3DFX won't run on Voodoo2 but will on Voodoo1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rooket
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2011 :  17:46:29  Show Profile  Visit rooket's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I tested this game out yesterday and could not get it to work. Does anyone know how to get it to work on a 3DFX Voodoo2? I have it working on a voodoo1 but wanted to try it on this new system build with Voodoo2 graphics. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's what I tried:
Deleted fxmemmap.vxd and glide2x.dll from c:\progra~1\formula1
Game still froze the PC
Copied fxmemmap.vxd and glide2x.dll from c:\windows\system to c:\progra~1\formula1
Game still froze the same
Copied fxmemmap.vxd and glide2x.dll from f1vood2.zip into c:\progra~1\formula1
Game didn't freeze the PC but gave errors stating that there were problems in the code of the dll files and that I didn't have a 3DFX Voodoo Graphics card installed.

I also tried the patched *.exe files that I found and those didn't help either, same freezing of the PC as above.

This is a working system that I played two other 3DFX games on within the same night so I know the voodoo2 board works and is configured properly. One game I played was DirectX 7 based and the other was glide based.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums