Voodoo 5 5500 APG card

Started by rbond7, 24 June 2003, 04:34:31

Previous topic - Next topic

rbond7

Hi, I have a question about my card.  I recently got a new computer with an Intel Pentium Celeron 2.0 GHz.  When I installed the video card on the system, I get a series of beeps from the PC and no picture on the monitor.  Does this mean the card is bad or not
compatable with the motherboard or Celeron chip?

Nightbird

what motherboard and what chipset are you using ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

rbond7

Hi Nightbird, it's a x533 motherboard with a North Bridge VIA P4X266E chipset and a South Bridge VIA VT8235 chipset.  The APG slot supports 3.3V/1.5V 4X/2X/1X APG card.  I don't know where to look on the card to see if it matches those numbers.

Thanks for your quick reply and support

James

This might be a silly question but, is the Voodoo card plugged in? It will use a standard molex plug just like a harddrive.

Jim

Erica

Hi guys,

I had the same problem until I realized the card had to be plugged in with that little "just like a harddrive" plug.  Not being too technically inclined, I didn't know what that was for at first.  I'm having what seems to be a driver problem now.  I installed driver version 1.04 but will look for a more recent version.  If one exists and anyone knows where it is, please let me know.

Thanks,

Erica

Nightbird

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community