3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Discussions
 3DFX Voodoo5 5500 works on PCI-Express !!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

m14radu
Average

Romania
447 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2017 :  20:59:53  Show Profile  Visit m14radu's Homepage  Send m14radu a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
looks interesting :)
maybe ill buy it!

did you order it ?

Follow your dreams !
Go to Top of Page

Spectrobozo
Novice

Brazil
38 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2017 :  08:56:06  Show Profile  Visit Spectrobozo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sadly I did not, I was hoping that someone else would have already tried it,
also unfortunately for my country it usually takes 2 months+ for stuff from aliexpress to arrive, I see some buyers comments there, but they are poorly translated and I don't see anyone mentioning testing it at 66MHz or with video cards.

Voodoo 4 4500 PCI
2x Monster 3d II 8mb
Go to Top of Page

feinripp
Novice

Germany

11 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  22:11:35  Show Profile  Visit feinripp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I finally tried SFFT's hint to use Win 10 32bit. Unfortunately it behaves like 64bit. The driver (SFFT or Amigamerlin) can be installed, but afterwards the device manager says "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware".

It's a little sad we can't use the most powerful 3dfx cards under Windows 10, especially because the Voodoo 2 works. I documented my experiments here:

https://robertkrau.se/posts/3dfx-voodoo-2-with-windows-10
https://robertkrau.se/posts/3dfx-voodoo-2-sli-with-windows-10

Any ideas or driver modifications I could try? I would love to have a way how we can enjoy Voodoos without depending on legacy hardware (except the Voodoos of course).

As for PCI-e adapters, I tried a few different models. Only the ones with the PLX PEX8112 chip seem to work. Beware of the adapters you can see here, the do not seem to support graphic cards.

Edited by - feinripp on 09/11/2017 22:13:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums