3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 V control Menu items greyed out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LW_Hearse
Initiate

55 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  18:43:38  Show Profile  Visit LW_Hearse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there!

I have a question about v-control panel and the area of the panel that says device configuration. All of these boxes are greyed out. Can anyone tell me why? I'm using vs-w2k-xp-1.09-beta10 drivers which so far seems the best for Red Baron 3d as the amigamerlin series of drivers corrupt the game menus in the flying mode and does not draw the far horizon ( leaving large patches of green).

Thanks

kekit
Novice

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  01:30:20  Show Profile  Visit kekit's Homepage  Send kekit an AOL message  Send kekit a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
some more info would be nice..
Go to Top of Page

LW_Hearse
Initiate

55 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  02:59:52  Show Profile  Visit LW_Hearse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The greyed out areas are on the hardware optimization page and the only setting one can check is the enable vga palette snoop. All others such as:

AGP enable
1x/2x/4x/agp transfer ARE GREYED OUT!
AGP fast writes
AGP sideband addressing

Now, I don't know if it makes a difference but on Koolsmoky's page it shows the same menu area with some of these things enabled and it made me wonder why I could'nt do it also.

system specs:

Pentium 2.4 ghz
OS/XP
512mb ram
Voodoo 5500 PCI
Chaintech Apogee Mainboard 9Ejl2 ( I think)
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  08:27:26  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, all those boxed that are greyed out have something to do with AGP...
You are using a Voodoo5-PCI, so guess what...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums