3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Discussions
 found some old news/benchmarks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  09:04:40  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
from Tom's Hardware Guide -- a topic on Voodoo 2
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/19980902/index.html

one question: for Quantum Obsidien 2 AGP, does it mean that the 2D card must be PCI? or it also have 2D display quality on the AGP card?

it's quite a rare card, i've never seen one before

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  10:51:44  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That Obsidian 2 AGP is an onboard SLI solution, so you have 2 Voodoo II's on one board. Since you put the board in the AGP port, the 2D card, obviously, has to be PCI.
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  15:13:58  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks phalax..
one more question..
the TV out in those V2s, will it be functional even V2 is not doing anything (i.e. no 3D jobs for V2 but just plain desktop jobs or even POST screen)?
thanks

let the VooDoo Roars!!

Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

no-X
Novice

Czech Republic
33 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  17:55:54  Show Profile  Visit no-X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phalanx

That Obsidian 2 AGP is an onboard SLI solution, so you have 2 Voodoo II's on one board. Since you put the board in the AGP port, the 2D card, obviously, has to be PCI.

Obsidian 2 S-12 AGP is not SLI solution. It has only one V2 chipset.

secretfj: I know, that TV-out on V1s works permanently (analog loop-back connection with 2D card is enough)

http://www.3dfx.cz
My 3Dfx collection: http://www.3dfx.cz/collections/no-x.htm
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  01:37:37  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no-x: it's very nice to hear that..
you know, it's a waste to buy a new display card just because it have TV-out while my onboard solution doesn't
thanks a lot

let the VooDoo Roars!!

Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  08:58:19  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm, must have gotten my wires crossed and mistake this one for another
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums