Soul Reaver 2 × voodoo2

Started by avengerx, 10 January 2005, 17:25:29

Previous topic - Next topic

avengerx

I'm trying to play Soul Reaver II with my voodoo2 SLI (12mb each), w/ no success... When I choose the card, the 'resolution' drop-down menu shows no Optins. Weirdly, for my SiS 530 onboard card, it shows not only the resolutions, but both 32-bit and 16-bit depth. I guess that voodoo2's have no problem with 16-bit depth, so wouldn't it rather work with Soul Reaver 2?..
Note: Soul Reaver 1 worked fine with d3d voodoo2.

My setup: k6-2 550, 64Mb ram, 2 v2 12Mb in sli (mismatched), onboard SiS530  w/2mb, fastvoodoo2 4.6 for win9X/me, on a Windows 98se system.

Nightbird

And what system does the game need ?
(ps : the Voodoo 2 has a "problem" with the size of the textures : only 256*256 so if the game uses 512*512 ...)

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

secretfj

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

Nightbird

2001 ;)
Min requirements would be :
- processor 450 mhz
- 128 mb ram
- 3D Video Card 16 mb
- Win98/ME/Win2k/XP

Recommended requirements [?]

edit : direct x 8.0 or later

In-ter-ac-tive :

avengerx

Wonder that... I can enter (and play) the game using my onboard SiS 530 video card, although I have 64Mb of phys ram and a 550 K6/2. Despite it runs, thigs goes really slow with such a "3D" card. [B)]
The problem is that when I choose Fastvoodoo2's, no video modes become available on the setup dialog of the game (sr2.exe -setup). I can't even try to just change the registry to fit any res. It would cleanse up right when I open the game (it should do some tests).[}:)]

Any Idea on what could prevent d3d games from showing resolutions for a v2? (it's a mm sli v2, and runs other games well on d3d).

Nightbirt: How would I be able to check which texture size does a game use?.. The site's infos doesn't seem to explain that detail.

Nightbird

Hum, i setup a K6-3+/450 mhz under Win98 with 128 mb ram but the demo is really Slow though you can have "more speed" disabling the graphic options in the game.
I have the feeling that, anyway, the cpu will be a bottleneck because imho, the processor 450 mhz is rather a PIII than a K6.

Would be interesting to find the full game.
The n°1 was interesting. ;)

In-ter-ac-tive :

avengerx

NightBird, I can u/l it somewhere and send u. if u interest, send me a mail and i'll answer with the link for the iso img.[:p]

But, you played it using the voodoo2 adapter?.. i was really unable to even get video with voodoo2. I was able to 'see' the game only when used with my sis530 poor 3D emulated thing -- and slowly. With voodoo2 all I get is audio. Under settings, when I choose the 3dfxzone.it driver, it gives me no resolutions on the drop-down box... I'm sure that if it works with voodoo2 it would be a weird lot faster than with sis530. [^]

Nightbird

With the demo, i had no choice with the gfx adapter so i guess that i was playing with the Matrox G200 (8 mb gfx memory) ! [:p] (even if i had in sli 2 CreativeLabs 12 mb)
Anyway, i will try to find the game and we will see definitively what's possible.

In-ter-ac-tive :