3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Gaming with 3dfx Voodoo cards
 Games
 Soul Reaver 2 voodoo2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

avengerx
Novice

Brazil

23 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  17:25:29  Show Profile  Visit avengerx's Homepage  Send avengerx an ICQ Message  Click to see avengerx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to play Soul Reaver II with my voodoo2 SLI (12mb each), w/ no success... When I choose the card, the 'resolution' drop-down menu shows no Optins. Weirdly, for my SiS 530 onboard card, it shows not only the resolutions, but both 32-bit and 16-bit depth. I guess that voodoo2's have no problem with 16-bit depth, so wouldn't it rather work with Soul Reaver 2?..
Note: Soul Reaver 1 worked fine with d3d voodoo2.

My setup: k6-2 550, 64Mb ram, 2 v2 12Mb in sli (mismatched), onboard SiS530 w/2mb, fastvoodoo2 4.6 for win9X/me, on a Windows 98se system.

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2005 :  22:41:27  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And what system does the game need ?
(ps : the Voodoo 2 has a "problem" with the size of the textures : only 256*256 so if the game uses 512*512 ...)

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 15/01/2005 22:43:39
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2005 :  05:58:12  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you mean this game?
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/legacy/legacyofkain/main.html
seems it's a very new title...

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2005 :  17:02:56  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Min requirements would be :
- processor 450 mhz
- 128 mb ram
- 3D Video Card 16 mb
- Win98/ME/Win2k/XP

Recommended requirements

edit : direct x 8.0 or later

In-ter-ac-tive :

Edited by - Nightbird on 21/01/2005 22:20:45
Go to Top of Page

avengerx
Novice

Brazil

23 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2005 :  16:56:53  Show Profile  Visit avengerx's Homepage  Send avengerx an ICQ Message  Click to see avengerx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wonder that... I can enter (and play) the game using my onboard SiS 530 video card, although I have 64Mb of phys ram and a 550 K6/2. Despite it runs, thigs goes really slow with such a "3D" card.
The problem is that when I choose Fastvoodoo2's, no video modes become available on the setup dialog of the game (sr2.exe -setup). I can't even try to just change the registry to fit any res. It would cleanse up right when I open the game (it should do some tests).

Any Idea on what could prevent d3d games from showing resolutions for a v2? (it's a mm sli v2, and runs other games well on d3d).

Nightbirt: How would I be able to check which texture size does a game use?.. The site's infos doesn't seem to explain that detail.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  01:50:05  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hum, i setup a K6-3+/450 mhz under Win98 with 128 mb ram but the demo is really Slow though you can have "more speed" disabling the graphic options in the game.
I have the feeling that, anyway, the cpu will be a bottleneck because imho, the processor 450 mhz is rather a PIII than a K6.

Would be interesting to find the full game.
The n1 was interesting.

In-ter-ac-tive :

Edited by - Nightbird on 24/01/2005 01:52:26
Go to Top of Page

avengerx
Novice

Brazil

23 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  18:20:54  Show Profile  Visit avengerx's Homepage  Send avengerx an ICQ Message  Click to see avengerx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
NightBird, I can u/l it somewhere and send u. if u interest, send me a mail and i'll answer with the link for the iso img.

But, you played it using the voodoo2 adapter?.. i was really unable to even get video with voodoo2. I was able to 'see' the game only when used with my sis530 poor 3D emulated thing -- and slowly. With voodoo2 all I get is audio. Under settings, when I choose the 3dfxzone.it driver, it gives me no resolutions on the drop-down box... I'm sure that if it works with voodoo2 it would be a weird lot faster than with sis530.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  22:57:14  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
With the demo, i had no choice with the gfx adapter so i guess that i was playing with the Matrox G200 (8 mb gfx memory) ! (even if i had in sli 2 CreativeLabs 12 mb)
Anyway, i will try to find the game and we will see definitively what's possible.

In-ter-ac-tive :

Edited by - Nightbird on 06/02/2005 23:45:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums