3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking
 Prob with Fastvoodoo2 XP Gold (and my workaround)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DCTH
Novice

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  17:46:46  Show Profile  Visit DCTH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!
In Conflict:Freespace i have the problem that while beeing in the menus, the game ist seriously stuttering. While flying and fighting around in space there are no problems an i have at least 40 frames.

Then i've testet other drivers:
Voodoo2(TM) Based 3D Accelerators Driver TEST Kit for Win2K/XP

No stuttering in the menus, but the game crashes back to desktop when starting a mission.

Then i replaced the glide2 and 3 *.dll in the system32-directory with the ones from the FastVoodoodriver-package...
And now there is no stuttering in the menus AND i can play every mission!

The SLI-Mode seems to work also! At least the donut-demo runs in 1024x768!

enthomologist
Initiate

Poland

66 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  21:43:01  Show Profile  Visit enthomologist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What TEST kit do you exactly mean? Bringing the version mumber would be appreciate. Also, the SLI you mentioned working - is that with identical, or "misplaced" boards? I have two non-identical OEMs in my rig, SLI works under Win98/FV2 4.6, but no-go under WinXP (black screen). RGS-Ent.

"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger
Go to Top of Page

DCTH
Novice

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  12:07:37  Show Profile  Visit DCTH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't remember from where i've downloaded them since i've downloaded so many different drivers. But the readme refers to 3dfxzone and it seems to be quite new: 12/12/2004
And the drivers release in the readme says:
Glide2 Driver Version: Sourceforge 2.53.0.1638 (beta)
Glide3 Driver Version: Sourceforge 3.1.0.1638 (beta)
Voodoo Graphics Memory Mapper Version: 4.3.0.1099 (beta)
Voodoo Graphics Port Mapper Version: 4.3.0.1098

I have two identical boards (DiamondMonster 12 MB) with different revisions (A and B, don't know this matters).
Go to Top of Page

DCTH
Novice

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  12:11:28  Show Profile  Visit DCTH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here the wohle readme, hope this helps:
--------------------------------
12/12/2004
Voodoo2(TM) Based 3D Accelerators Driver TEST Kit for Win2K/XP

Glide2 Driver Version: Sourceforge 2.53.0.1638 (beta)
Glide3 Driver Version: Sourceforge 3.1.0.1638 (beta)
Voodoo Graphics Memory Mapper Version: 4.3.0.1099 (beta)
Voodoo Graphics Port Mapper Version: 4.3.0.1098

Copyright 2004
http://glide.sourceforge.net
http://www.3dfxzone.it

This distribution contains Glide2, Glide3 drivers for Voodoo2 Based 3D
Accelerators and attempts to fix the desktop corruption and memmap
errors in win2k/xp. The Glide2, Glide3 drivers are bleeding-edge build
from http://glide.sourceforge.net.

Note that all reg tweaks will be ignored and V2 environment variables
must be set in the system environment. Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24, X-16,
and similar SLI boards MUST have the following set.

SSTV2_FT_CLKDEL = 5
SSTV2_TF0_CLKDEL = 7
SSTV2_TF1_CLKDEL = 7
SSTV2_TF2_CLKDEL = 7
SSTV2_SLIM_VIN_CLKDEL = 3
SSTV2_SLIM_VOUT_CLKDEL = 2
SSTV2_SLIS_VIN_CLKDEL = 3
SSTV2_SLIS_VOUT_CLKDEL = 2
SSTV2_GRXCLK = 90

Please post feedbacks to the V2 section of the 3dfxzone forums at
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/

Enjoy,
KoolSmoky
-------------------------------------

mfg
DCTH
Go to Top of Page

enthomologist
Initiate

Poland

66 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  23:55:21  Show Profile  Visit enthomologist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So i assume you are using the latest KoolSmoky's set for unhappy Obsidian owners. I gave'em a try and they work, but only with SSTV2_IGNORE_SLI_CHECK "1" merged into registry environment. Interesting thing, they produce much better picture than win9x ones, both for gamma/contrast level and filtering/dithering quality it seems.
(Or they're just darker)

"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums