3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Discussions
 "Double SLI" with Voodoo 2? Is it possible?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Average

Indonesia
121 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  21:19:29  Show Profile  Visit Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm just thinking: can we combine more than two (say, 4 or 6) Voodoo 2 cards to achieve some sort of "double-SLI" (or triple, in case of 6) mode?? Is there any third-party drivers to support such configuration?

VOODOO LIVES FOREVAH!!

Delenn is the hottest sci-fi character ever.

The Galactic Empire vs the Borg vs the Goa'ulds vs the A'millans vs the Trollish Imperium vs the Ancient Guardians
The Phoenix War

Never buy a LiteOn CD Writer. Ever.

ArchAngelCD
Average

USA

228 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  07:38:09  Show Profile  Visit ArchAngelCD's Homepage  Send ArchAngelCD an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Sure you can and it's been done, it's called Mercury.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI
Go to Top of Page

Average

Indonesia
121 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  11:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ArchAngelCD

Sure you can and it's been done, it's called Mercury.

Well, I heard about Mercury, but could it be done using our "normal" PC? Is there any drive or extra connection I should use?

VOODOO LIVES FOREVAH!!

The Galactic Empire vs the Borg vs the Goa'ulds vs the A'millans vs the Trollish Imperium vs the Ancient Guardians
The Phoenix War

Go to Top of Page

Average

Indonesia
121 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  11:50:32  Show Profile  Visit Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoops, I mean DRIVER. Damn typo.

VOODOO LIVES FOREVAH!!

The Phoenix War

Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  12:30:22  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
..you would need a ton of knowledge and probably some heavy duty hardware modifying tools.nthing a regular techie can don.

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

Average

Indonesia
121 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  12:58:53  Show Profile  Visit Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ps47

..you would need a ton of knowledge and probably some heavy duty hardware modifying tools.nthing a regular techie can don.

I just wonder whether there's some fanmade drivers/utilities out there that enable us to put FOUR Voodoo2 at our "normal" PC and have them all work together.

VOODOO LIVES FOREVAH!!

The Phoenix War

Go to Top of Page

Ricardo
Novice

Portugal
10 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  02:20:47  Show Profile  Visit Ricardo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the beneficts of using 4x12M VOODOO 2?
The system detect's 2 sli's? and 48M amount of memory?
Go to Top of Page

Avenger
Novice

38 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  21:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Avenger's Homepage  Send Avenger an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
The Mercury is 8 V2 in SLI. But as already said, this requires modifikation on the hardware level, nothing a mere driver can do.
Go to Top of Page

Ricardo
Novice

Portugal
10 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  02:10:02  Show Profile  Visit Ricardo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i never see a motherboard with 8 PCI format slots!
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  14:18:41  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
for Quantum 3D, they don't need 8 PCI slots as they have merged V2 SLI in one board and uses one PCI bus (usually two seperate cards), it's called X24
putting 4 X24 together makes mercury..(with many special tweaking in hardware absolutely by Q3D), have i got everything right?

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

Avenger
Novice

38 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  02:46:34  Show Profile  Visit Avenger's Homepage  Send Avenger an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Correct.
And I have the X-24, since I had only one PCI slot free and wanted SLI. Plus, it's slightly faster than regular SLI :)
Go to Top of Page

no-X
Novice

Czech Republic
33 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  23:26:31  Show Profile  Visit no-X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by secretfj

for Quantum 3D, they don't need 8 PCI slots as they have merged V2 SLI in one board and uses one PCI bus (usually two seperate cards), it's called X24
putting 4 X24 together makes mercury..(with many special tweaking in hardware absolutely by Q3D), have i got everything right?

Mercury contains from 4x Obsidian 200SBi boards (200SBi is not 2-X24!), Mercury AA module, Mercury Riser and Mercury I/O.

this is Obsidian 200SBi:

and this is Obsidian 2 X24 (they are different )

http://www.3dfx.cz
My 3Dfx collection: http://www.3dfx.cz/collections/no-x.htm
Go to Top of Page

cl1986
Novice

4 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  05:38:42  Show Profile  Visit cl1986's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i need x 24 driver for win xp

ne1??

Bueller??

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums