3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Discussions
 LegendgrafiX VooDooMage 2 WindowsXP D3D GL OGL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  14:13:13  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
too bad my old board don't support Voodoo 2...
always giving me hardware errors...

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

enthomologist
Initiate

Poland

66 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  15:11:24  Show Profile  Visit enthomologist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by secretfj

too bad my old board don't support Voodoo 2...
always giving me hardware errors...

Is it about SLI? Have you tried with different PCI slots? I've also noticed that different V2 models behave in various ways on my rig in SLI mode, for example the Amax 12MB works with my Guillemot Maxigamer3D 12MB flawlessly while the same Guillemot aka EON Electronics with the Volcano2 12MB makes either my soundcard disappearing or the HDD not waking up.

"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger

Edited by - enthomologist on 02/02/2005 15:13:06
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  18:36:03  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
TheGodODeath:
the ftp site (67.19.164.132) does not seems to work :(

ps47:
i try to upload to your server now...

Edited by - Geri on 02/02/2005 18:38:06
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  18:55:06  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
when ps47 comes, gives to us a link to the driver!

AND DONT FORGET: TO RUN DIRECT3D GAMES DO:
http://voodoomage.uw.hu/d3d.gif

drop the exe file of your game to voodoo2 icon on your desktop!

i tested the 3Dmark2k1, and works :)
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  20:28:30  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
..ready for action.get the goods ;)

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  21:07:25  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, ps47.

http://www.vfdownloads.info/3dfx/lgfx_voodoomage2_xp_2_0_0.rar
Go to Top of Page

TheGodODeath
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  00:01:16  Show Profile  Visit TheGodODeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
:o, nice job on the drivers Geri.

I installed them with my two Voodoo 2s (Diamond Monster 3DII specifically, 12mb) in SLI and it works. They're now reconized as display adapters. I havn't had a chance to test direct3d yet, but OpenGL and Glide work. The Voodoo2.exe configure file is nice too..

Specs:
Windows XP
AMD Athlon 64 3200 Clawhammer
Asus K8V Deluxe
2x 512mb RAM
Radeon 9800XT
Go to Top of Page

TheGodODeath
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  02:42:14  Show Profile  Visit TheGodODeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Direct3D and such work..the only thing is that in my SLI setup, when it switches to D3D mode it outputs on the other Voodoo 2 card, since I have dual monitors I can work around this without having to switch cables..but is this suppose to happen?
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  08:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connect the two Voodoo2 with SLI cable too, and it will work!

So connect thee two card with the passtrough cable, and the voodoo to the 2d card too, and may no problem happend using two voodoo2 in sli with my driver in direct3d!

But i think the direct3d in sli not yet work...
Sombody test it pls with two and one voodoo2 in direct3d... if it faster, the d3d work with sli... if not, the the sli not work yet with direct3d, only one voodoo2 will be affected with d3d...

But the d3d works :)
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  08:55:00  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
also try the swapping the two voodoo2 in sli mode in the config, it may fix your problem too...
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  14:23:35  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
ok,tested the driver on my v2 SLI,here goes:

-SLI in d3d doesnt work.only one card is used.anyway,having D3D is great succes.
-when I loaded the driver on both cards,the driver stopped working completely.I had to install it only for the primary voodoo2 card to get it working.strangely,SLI in glide works even if there is no driver installed for t he second voodoo2
-the driver has no uninstaller (or I was not able to find it).I forgot to back up the registry and I spent half a hour cleaning my registry.
-the driver is way too complicated.too many options,too many stuff.I would suggest you make the next release as simple as possible,that means glide/3dfx opengl and direct3d,nothing else.no control panel,no additional files (perhaps reg entries to modify refresh rates-just like fastvoodoo2).simplier driver=easy to use,easy to work with.

overall: good job,the driver has great potential,but needs lot of work.

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

Edited by - ps47 on 03/02/2005 14:25:19
Go to Top of Page

Manuelson
Average

Italy

111 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  17:09:09  Show Profile  Visit Manuelson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
why toggling the advanced options? I think tahat could be useful for a skilled user..to hide the options with a button should be the right idea!