LegendgrafiX VooDooMage 2 WindowsXP D3D GL OGL

Started by Geri, 26 November 2004, 22:34:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ps47

..ERROR 503 [B)]..and now even the webpage wont work.

p.s.: still wondering if SLI works under D3D..

secretfj

too bad my old board don't support Voodoo 2...
always giving me hardware errors...
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

enthomologist

QuoteOriginally posted by secretfj

too bad my old board don't support Voodoo 2...
always giving me hardware errors...
Is it about SLI? Have you tried with different PCI slots? I've also noticed that different V2 models behave in various ways on my rig in SLI mode, for example the Amax 12MB works with my Guillemot Maxigamer3D 12MB flawlessly while the same Guillemot aka EON Electronics with the Volcano2 12MB makes either my soundcard disappearing or the HDD not waking up.
"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger

Geri

TheGodODeath:
the ftp site (67.19.164.132) does not seems to work :(

ps47:
i try to upload to your server now...

Geri

when ps47 comes, gives to us a link to the driver!

AND DONT FORGET: TO RUN DIRECT3D GAMES DO:
http://voodoomage.uw.hu/d3d.gif

drop the exe file of your game to voodoo2 icon on your desktop!

i tested the 3Dmark2k1, and works :)

TheGodODeath

:o, nice job on the drivers Geri.

I installed them with my two Voodoo 2s (Diamond Monster 3DII specifically, 12mb) in SLI and it works. They're now reconized as display adapters. I havn't had a chance to test direct3d yet, but OpenGL and Glide work. The Voodoo2.exe configure file is nice too..

Specs:
Windows XP
AMD Athlon 64 3200 Clawhammer
Asus K8V Deluxe
2x 512mb RAM
Radeon 9800XT

TheGodODeath

Yeah, Direct3D and such work..the only thing is that in my SLI setup, when it switches to D3D mode it outputs on the other Voodoo 2 card, since I have dual monitors I can work around this without having to switch cables..but is this suppose to happen?

Geri

Connect the two Voodoo2 with SLI cable too, and it will work!

So connect thee two card with the passtrough cable, and the voodoo to the 2d card too, and may no problem happend using two voodoo2 in sli with my driver in direct3d!

But i think the direct3d in sli not yet work...
Sombody test it pls with two and one voodoo2 in direct3d... if it faster, the d3d work with sli... if not, the the sli not work yet with direct3d, only one voodoo2 will  be affected with d3d...

But the d3d works :)

Geri

also try the swapping the two voodoo2 in sli mode in the config, it may fix your problem too...

ps47

ok,tested the driver on my v2 SLI,here goes:

-SLI in d3d doesnt work.only one card is used.anyway,having D3D is great succes.
-when I loaded the driver on both cards,the driver stopped working completely.I had to install it only for the primary voodoo2 card to get it working.strangely,SLI in glide works even if there is no driver installed for t he second voodoo2
-the driver has no uninstaller (or I was not able to find it).I forgot to back up the registry and I spent half a hour cleaning my registry.
-the driver is way too complicated.too many options,too many stuff.I would suggest you make the next release as simple as possible,that means glide/3dfx opengl and direct3d,nothing else.no control panel,no additional files (perhaps reg entries to modify refresh rates-just like fastvoodoo2).simplier driver=easy to use,easy to work with.

overall: good job,the driver has great potential,but needs lot of work.;)

Manuelson

why toggling the advanced options? I think tahat could be useful for a skilled user..to hide the options with a button should be the right idea!