Running 'The Sims 2 Deluxe' with Expansions

Started by deisha718, 26 April 2010, 00:37:59

Previous topic - Next topic

deisha718

Hi, I recently downloaded 3D-Analyze 2.36.  I'm trying to run 'The Sims 2 Deluxe' with the 'University' and 'Bon Voyage' expansion packs.  The game runs fine until after the splash screen disappears.  My game crashes when I try to open up a neighborhood with a message that pops up, "This application has crashed. The application will now terminate.".  I took out my custom content and it still doesn't work.  Could I be using the wrong settings? Here are my system specs:

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080  @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 950

Obviously, i'm on a laptop. I do have Pixel Shader 2.0.  I just lack Vertex Shader and Hardware T&L.

deisha718

Oh, I need to mention the settings I used. lol I clicked emulate HnL caps, skip pixel shader 2.0, and force high precision pixel shader.  I also used NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4600 device ID's.

deisha718

Wow! That tweaked file worked! The neighboring lots still don't look right (it's cause of my video card, I know) and I can't click 'Neighbors' in the game options.  Other than that, the graphics are greatly improved. Thanks!

I no longer own 'Bon Voyage', but it doesn't matter.

Glide

deisha718, you're welcome here. This's a very nice report :).

Thank you ps47 for your usual great support...

Bye bye