NEW DRIVER SOON !!!

Started by Amigamerlin, 26 May 2003, 08:59:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Razvan

How are the beta testing of the NEW Amigamerling going on?
I think that the VSA-100 chip will never be in the best form, because of the drivers, and thus
is a long hard road out of hell for the Voodoo users.
I managed to put my hands on the 3dfx driver souce code, and saw there some desperate tricks
that the 3dfx driver developers try to do to finish the NT support before the 3dfx gone in the shadow.
I must say that the support for Windows NT(no matter what NT) is critical.

Nightbird

indeed, only 4 3Dfx drivers and 2 "third party drivers" for NT4...

the problem is that NT4 is not really a OS for the game, if some "old" games supported NT4, this is not the case now because Win2k is here...

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Razvan

I was speaking about every NT OS's!!!
This includes XP and 2000 because they are build on NT technology.
The first time when Windows 2000 was in developing, it was called NT 5.0, if you don't belive it... try yourself the "about windows" box;
And the Xp is NT5.1

Nightbird

i was only speaking about NT4 and not Win2k or XP
for NT4 the support is really poor !

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

bareznacoff

Congrats to your Amigamerlin and the one they call "KOOL"..  
Is he locked away day after day in a labratory with voodoo cards and dll's, codes and lab rats.   Someone let him out!
Is the brightness "bug" you speak of Amigamerlin in reference to Lack of it with the 2.5 and 3dhq drivers. If it wasn't for powerstrip I'd be left in the dark, literally with allot of my newer games..

dborca

So if your Voodoo3 is so damn powerfull and great, why aren't people giving two ****s about a driver update?

Are you trying to piss me off? [:(!] Well, the answer is: for the same reason people looses interest in 3dfx hardware in general. That's why! It takes either nostalgia or enthusiasm to keep 3dfx hardware alive.

I know top 3dfx coders (public figures) that have quit the 3dfx arena. My deepest respect to them keeps me from diplaying their name here!

Next time when you're sarcastic think about that! Think you're on top just because you have a V5? [xx(] Don't worry, there are lots of people that think the same about your V5 (just as you think today about V3). And, FYI, the V5 AGP requires special AGP voltage (thus restricting the choices about MoBos); and, believe me, getting a V3 PCI (which can be plugged in any Mobo whatsoever) is a *LOT* more easier than getting a V5 PCI!

PS: this *IS* a 3dfx forum, so if you feel arguing with somebody in particular (ie: me [}:)]) try to keep it in particular (by email). Bottom line, post only useful messages on the forum, not garbage :D
Regards,
Daniel Borca

bareznacoff

Just checking in.  I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July "Independence day" for those of you from the UK and down under its when crazed Americans get the day off from work, Get drunk, and when it gets dark they shoot bottle rockets at each other. I stayed inside.  I had a dream where I was running a Amigamerlin 9.0 that was like 3d with crystal clear picture and images that could run on P-2's even with great clarity and performance.   [:(!]   Damn it, my cat woke me up!   Later barez...

bareznacoff

Anybody checking in with Kool.  Somebody taking him some lemonade and a sandwhich down in his labratory.  Maybe he should come out and get some sun...

Hey how about a weekly update on progress..

PanoramixDruida

It's been more than a month since this new https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/working_on_amigamerlin_3.0/ appeared at 3dfxzone.it. Anything new?

bareznacoff

[?]  wake me up when its out!..   Seriously.  Anxiously awaiting. I'm sure it takes allot of hard work on Kool's free time.

ElvIsAlive007

i been just banned from x3dfx for proveing the v6000 was a darm good card that currenty playing games in 8x mode with high end frame rates

this is beta testing results from these drivers

Great work koolsmokey hey

Regards

ElvisLAive

ArchAngelCD

Elvis, did you really get banned from the x3Dfx forum again? [:o)]

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 2.8 GHz P4C | 512 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual channel DDR SRAM | 80 Gb Western Digital SE HD | Plextor 12/10/32A CD-RW | Win2000 SP3 | ATI Radeon 9500 Pro | SoundMAX 5.1 Digital Audio|

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI

PanoramixDruida

Something new about Amigamerlin 3.0?. ElvIs...don't worry. I don't understand guys at X-3dfX community. If someone wants to talk about 3dfx is banned. It's ridiculos!

lecram25

Right on Panoramix...

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

qrazi

hmmmz, these drivers seem to really improve the v5 6k...
will the v5 5500 also improve in performance? or only added compatebility?

/edit: what happened to the 3dhq version of the drivers? was that code released? and what about aquous new ICD and AF?

ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200