some red artifacts on screen

Started by secretfj, 08 October 2004, 16:49:18

Previous topic - Next topic

secretfj

after using my V2 for a quite long time for intensive 3D (e.g. game), there will be some artifact on the screen (on the texture most likely)
does it mean that i need more ventilation for it?
(i haven't overclocked it, not a bit)
thanks a lot~~

P.S. if i wanna cool the card, just adding a fan on top of them and blow some air onto the surface will do it right? any need to add some heatsink?
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

perer

I had the same thing. And the problem was that my SLI cable was to long,  or just bad.
Start War and peace will be appreciated

secretfj

the crossover cable is the original one with those Diamond Monsters (they are 2nd hand one)
if i wanna replace one. how can i do it? (i mean, i have heard that using a floppy cable will do the job, but how?)
thanks a lot~
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

ArchAngelCD

You can make your own SLI cable from a floppy cable with a small modification.

Also, If you want a good fan for the Voodoo2 try the TennMax Stealth V2 Cooler. It works GREAT. http://tennmax.com/voodoo2/stealth.htm

Here is close up pic of the modification necessary to make your owe SLI cable.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI

perer

Do they stil make that Tennmax cooler? Didn't Tennmax change there name?

EDIT. I new remember that I one of my voodoo2's is broken. And I get some strange not only red artifacts on the texture. Because I was playing Unreal Tournament and that game uses multi-texturing, It was hard to notice. But when I played A game (benchmark) that used only 1 TMU like 3dmark 99 (the race). It looked terrible, with my SLI cable problem there were only smal RED artifacts. Run A directx 5.0 program, if it stil displays smal RED artifacts it is probably the cable.
Start War and peace will be appreciated