Why my FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP Gold Edition does not work

Started by simko2009, 13 November 2009, 17:54:49

Previous topic - Next topic

simko2009

I try to raise from death old IBM PC. There is 3Dfx Voodoo2 3D Accelerator at the PC. I install Windows 2000.It is OK. Then I install the program 'FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP Gold Edition'. But the program does not work. I cannot '2) Copy Voodoo2_OC directory in
 Winnt/System32 dir (for Windows 2000 users)' on account of the file 'Winnt' does not  exist at the Windows folder. I copy  'Voodoo2_OC' in SYSTEM32 folder. Then I most '3) Double click on "V2_OC_control_panel.exe" file'.But I cannot do it because I cannot detect this file.
Please prrompt me where is my mistake.
Sorry for my English.  

Glide

Topic moved into Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking forum

Hi simko2009,

you're welcome here.

About your questions, please unzip FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP Gold Edition archive (it's the fv2_4.0_xp_ge.exe file on line at https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/fv2_4.0_xp_ge/); so you can find the Voodoo2_OC directory opening Tools and Tweaker folders (\Tools\Tweaker\Voodoo2_OC).

Now just copy Voodoo2_OC directory in your system32 folder; open it and run the file V2_OC_control_panel.exe.

Let me know how I can help again.

Bye bye

simko2009

QuoteOriginally posted by Glide

Topic moved into Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking forum

Hi simko2009,

you're welcome here.

About your questions, please unzip FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP Gold Edition archive (it's the fv2_4.0_xp_ge.exe file on line at https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/fv2_4.0_xp_ge/); so you can find the Voodoo2_OC directory opening Tools and Tweaker folders (\Tools\Tweaker\Voodoo2_OC).

Now just copy Voodoo2_OC directory in your system32 folder; open it and run the file V2_OC_control_panel.exe.

Let me know how I can help again.

Bye bye
Hi! Happy New Year! Thank you for your response. I did
everything according to your advice. Accelerator worked.
But I do not like the Windows-2000.I installed Windows XP.
Then I reinstalled your accelerator. Program is functioning
properly. Thank you. Best of luck!