3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Setup and tweaking
 Voodoo3 Registry Problem.. HELP! NOW! DAMN IT!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ZeRO_SiGNAL
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2004 :  06:38:45  Show Profile  Visit ZeRO_SiGNAL's Homepage  Send ZeRO_SiGNAL an AOL message  Click to see ZeRO_SiGNAL's MSN Messenger address  Send ZeRO_SiGNAL a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay... I have looked all around the web to try and find a way to fix this but it just aint happening.. What is up with 3DFX Tools and WinXP. I have tried the REPAIR part of 3DFX tools.. no go.. I have tried manually entering the .dll's into the registry.. still no go.. everything that has been suggested does NOT work.. what the hell.. ?!HAS ANYONE FOUND A WORKAROUND FOR THIS YET!? multiple uninstallations and reinstalls failed to work as well.. even Administrator account fails to register the .DLL's ... HELP

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2004 :  10:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
1) Don't post several times the same problem, useless (i closed the other topic)
2) What drivers are you using ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

ZeRO_SiGNAL
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2004 :  22:22:09  Show Profile  Visit ZeRO_SiGNAL's Homepage  Send ZeRO_SiGNAL an AOL message  Click to see ZeRO_SiGNAL's MSN Messenger address  Send ZeRO_SiGNAL a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Amigasport 3.0.. the drivers themselves seem to be working awesome.. games fly on this... its just 3DFX Tools that fail to register into the registry.. and this is a problem for me because my monitor is ****ty.. and I need some sort of gamma correction to make it brighter. Has anyone with this problem found a workaround?

Sorry for the other post..
Go to Top of Page

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2004 :  07:43:11  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i tried with WinXP SP2, and that problem... gone!

but, u should try again with the repair option, cause it's the only known solution...
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2004 :  15:48:19  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Try to remove the driver and clean the registry (3dfx, glide...)
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/common_files/index.htm
Driver Cleaner v. 2.7
Then install again the driver.

In-ter-ac-tive :

ZeRO_SiGNAL
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2004 :  04:25:11  Show Profile  Visit ZeRO_SiGNAL's Homepage  Send ZeRO_SiGNAL an AOL message  Click to see ZeRO_SiGNAL's MSN Messenger address  Send ZeRO_SiGNAL a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
alright ill go ahead and try those two suggestions.. i have yet to upgrade to SP2 yet so maybe I will.. :)
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2004 :  09:30:15  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The driver doesn't need a SP2.

In-ter-ac-tive :

dirtyharry_be
Novice

Belgium
3 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2005 :  14:44:07  Show Profile  Visit dirtyharry_be's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've had the same problem after uninstall Amigasport and re-install. You have to uninstall the diver, search in the registrery the key "3dfxvs" and the clean itAfter that, a proper install and ererything works fine
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2005 :  23:00:46  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I THINK SP2 for XP removes the old XP stepping all over unregistered drivers thingy. it's been a number of years since I have had to rename the driver.cab file in XP..........

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums