Enter the Matrix (voodoo5) !!!

Started by ps47, 21 September 2004, 22:15:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ps47

about that patch:it simply forces the game to use SW T&L instead of HW T&L,so it should work on ANY card.and you dont need hypersnap for pictures,just hit printsreen;).I used hypersnap only to convert the screens to *.jpg format.5meg large *.bmp file is nothing you can post here:D

and one more screenshot: the way you make me wheel:D
Image Insert:

50.13 KB

SuperFurryFurryThing

I simply noted that the documentation said it was a patch for a couple of Intel chip sets. I tested it on a different Intel chipset under W2K, and I have since tested it on an AMD system under XP. It worked on both but only in windowed mode under XP. I quite liked the square wheels myself. Like you I found that it sometimes doesn't load in fllscreen mode on W2K.

SFFT

Shogakusha

It's just a shame that it's, you know, the worst game ever.
Comp 1:
-     Windows XP Pro
-     Athlon 2500XP
-     MSI K7N2 Delta motherboard
-     512 meg of 333mhz ram
-     Radeon 9700 Pro
Comp 2:
-     Windows 98 SE
-     Pentium 2 - 333
-     64 meg of pc100 ram
-     Cirrus Logic Laguna 5465 vid card
-     Monster 3d card
Comp3:
-     Windows 98SE
-     Duron 800Mhz
-     192Meg of pc100
-     Voodoo 3 2000

ggab

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

voodoo4?have a 2 GHz or better CPU,use 800*600 and you will be fine.(I can play the game in single chip,runs slower but still playable;))

this is my MatrixConfig.ini :
[RENDERING]
RESOLUTION=0
GAMMA=200
BRIGHTNESS=100
CONTRAST=100
FULLSCREEN=1
DISPLAYSHADOWS=0
MAX_LOD=-1
DITHER=0
ALLOW_GAMMA=1
ALLOW_WINDOW_GAMMA=0
MULTISAMPLE=0
FILTERING=2
FILTERSAMPLES=0
LODBIAS=0
FARCLIPBIAS=30
PARTICLEDENSITY=0
PARTICLEMINIMUM=3
FRAMERATE_BEHAVIOR=0
SAFEMODE=0
[CONTROLS]
MOUSE_SENSITIVITY=50

is there a way (or an ini config) to get more speed (FPS) in game?

i've tried with my v4 4500 in winXP + SSFT alpha14 and it doesn't start when i set FULLSCREEN=0 (nothing happen)....
althought in full screen, after u load a level, the game closes itseft.... so i can't play it.

PS: in win9x with EVO's is all right[B)]

SuperFurryFurryThing

Run Set3Tile.exe and then restart your machine and try it. You may be running out of texture memory.

SFFT

ggab

ok, i´ll try :)

so, this files free texture memory?
* Amigamerlin 3.1\Set DX Mode\Set3Tile.exe
* Amigamerlin 3.1\Set DX Mode\Set4Tile.exe

PS: what´s the difference on both files?

SuperFurryFurryThing

Set4Tile is the default it reserves memory for a 3 buffer flip chain. Set3Tile only reserves enough for 2 buffers in the flip chain. It uses the memory as texture memory.

SFFT

ps47

..does the game work when you use the FOCUS ability (xp/2000)? menu corruption is not a problem,but as long as you cant use FOCUS,playing the game is pointless..

ggab

for me?

Yes, i can. (not at full speed, but it's OK [:p] )

newman

i would like too know i just bought the game tooand i got the patch but when i go to open it it sounds likei t's gonna load the game *not options*  but quits andyone know why

newman

QuoteOriginally posted by newman

i would like too know i just bought the game tooand i got the patch but when i go to open it it sounds likei t's gonna load the game *not options*  but quits andyone know why

plus were do you find the set3tile.exe

newman

please reply i really would like too play this game please please please please

SuperFurryFurryThing

If you are trying to load it fullscreen under Win2k. it often fails to load, if you perservere it works eventually you need to have run Set3Tile and rebooted first. Set3Tile should be in the Driver2k subdirectory of the driver directory. You can edit the config file for the game to set fullscreen off and run in a window that should work every time.

SFFT

Nightbird

What's exactly the problem with the full screen mode ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community