3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Software Platforms and Apps
 Operative Systems MS Windows and applications
 install win98 from harddrive without win98 cd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nike
Novice

Sweden

26 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  15:41:55  Show Profile  Visit Nike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys im trying to install win98 with no os with a bootdisk, i have the install files on the harddrive because i dont have the win98 cd.
The problem is that i dont know how to get acces to the files and start the setup. Doe somebody know how to do it?
And sorry for my bad englise.

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  21:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
this is quite easy. I tell you how I did it many times :
Right after format C: I booted from a floppy disk and made a folder "Install" on drive C:
In that folder I copied all files that were on the Win98 CD in the "Win98" folder.
Then switch into C:\install and type "Setup" without brackets.
That´s all. Just be sure to have a serial number ready, Win98 asks for it some time later...
Go to Top of Page

Nike
Novice

Sweden

26 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  13:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Nike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rolo01 it works. Now im going to install win2000.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums