3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Hardware Components
 AMD / ATI Video Cards
 agp 4x in a 2x slot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nSomniac
Novice

USA

37 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  06:07:06  Show Profile  Visit nSomniac's Homepage  Send nSomniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey there i just got a geforce fx 5200 w/ composite & s-vid tv out and i just wanna know if it is safe for me to put the agp 4x card in my agp 2x slot, it says that it runs fine at 2x but i wanna know if i will hurt the card putting it in there. Thanks.
Matt

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  08:26:00  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
shouldn't be a problem. I've had my AGP 8x Radeon 9500 running in my AGP 1x slot of my old P2, ran fine.
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  09:19:17  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just beware that old mainboards may not have the enough power output for the new display card, my experience is that a P2L97 (440LX) and a GeForce 2 Pro..the system would just halt with this combination (not enough power out from the AGP slot to the card)
otherwise, everything will be fine

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
Novice

3 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  18:38:02  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the past i had a 4x Card working @ 2x APG-Port and this caused no problems.

So letz do it :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums