3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 Rush and Voodoo1 Topics and Setup Tips
 maximum directX version?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  10:09:00  Show Profile  Visit tmt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, wow, a voodoo1 discussion forum, very cool

I want to resurrect my old Voodoo1 card to play some golden oldies.
I have gotten hold of an old PIII 667 with integrated videocard (motherboard is i810).

Now I remember from a few years ago my Voodoo1 card stopped working after a while, it only displayed some green blobs on the screen when I started a 3D game (can't remember if it was glide or opengl game)
I think the cause was an upgrade of directX. Is that possible?

Do any of you know the last version of directX that works on the voodoo1?

On the PIII I installed the latest refernce drivers (2.48) and directX6.1 but when I start a 3DFX game (screamer rally) it displays an error. (I'll post the error when I get home from work).

I know my card is not broken, because another Voodoo1 displayed the same green blobs a few years ago.

- Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand

1938 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  10:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is your V1 overclocked ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums