How do I get my hands on a SLI cable?

Started by Planescape, 02 August 2004, 16:16:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Planescape

Hi I recently got my hands on two V2:s.

They're not from the same vendor but acording to what I've read here that won't be a problem. My problem is that i don't have that little tiny SLI-cable. But I have a idea about that maybe I could use a floppy drive cable since it fits in the connector... but, the wrong cables are twisted, so please somone, help me.

How do I get a SLI cable, or how do I make one?

I'm all in your hands now hoomies! =)
Thanks in advance.. ^^

///Plane
-------------------------
Barton 2500 @ 2.27Ghz | gf4ti4200 @ 320/715 | 280GB | 512 DDR 420Mhz dual|
.::And if it doesn't work?::.

NitroX infinity

A clearer image:

The 4 middle wires need to be turned 180 degrees.

ArchAngelCD

If you can't find one on Ebay you can easily make one from the examples above. I have made several and the work fine. All you need is an old floppy drive cable.

Now about the different cards, they can be a problem. The cards really should be from the same manufacturer and the same amount of memory. The new drivers that are out don't work with mismatched cards from what I have read. I would suggest trying to find a match to one of the cards you have or try swapping with someone you know.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI

NitroX infinity

Uh, aren't the Mismatched drivers used for SLI setups with different cards?

Planescape

Thanks guys!

This will really help.

Over to my mismatched cards: Theyre two 12mb voodoo's and one of them are from creative. The other one I don't know, the only mark on it is the 3Dfx symbol placed where the vendors often place there own marks.
It has EliteMT memory modules (100mhz) and a passive radiator on one of the chips. It strictly follows the base design by 3Dfx ( could it possibly be some sort of reference card?).

And thanks again

///Plane
Barton 2500 @ 2.27Ghz | gf4ti4200 @ 320/715 | 280GB | 512 DDR 420Mhz dual|
.::And if it doesn't work?::.

ArchAngelCD

QuoteUh, aren't the Mismatched drivers used for SLI setups with different cards?
If you noticed, I said, "The new drivers that are out don't work with mismatched cards from what I have read". There are older drivers for mismatched cards but no drivers that will run on Win2K or WinXP for mismatched cards. (That I know of)

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI