SLI mode not detected

Started by Archangel, 30 July 2004, 10:05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel

I've just installed (as per instructions) the FastVoodoo2 4.0 Gold XP Drivers for my two Canopus Pure Voodoo2 Cards.
The device manager in windows says both cards are there and working fine.
Only problem is that the control panal in the display properties tells me that the SLI mode is "not detected"

I've removed and reinstalled the drivers only to have the same error.

The demos run just fine, save 1024 x 768 res. is missing and won't run (which seems to confirm that only one card is being used.)

My system consists of AMD Athlon 2400+ CPU, 512 meg memory, and a MSI 5200FX primary card.

These two Voodoo's were working just fine in the same system with Windows ME. (And yes, I removed the cards first, before installing the new OS over a clean HD, and installed the primary card with its drivers first.)

Any suggestions to get SLI mode up and running??? (I'm checking cables again to make sure one didn't get lossened up upon reinstallation.)

Thanks....

Archangel
AMD Athlon 2400+, 1gig memory, MSI NVidia 6600GT-128, 2 Canopus Pure 3D Voodoo 2's in SLI, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card,Win XP.

Glide

Hi Archangel, welcome in this board.

FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP control panel has a known issue (in release notes reported) about SLI detection but it's a visual bug only so system uses both the cards while just one will be displayed in control panel interface.

QuoteThe device manager in windows says both cards are there and working fine.
This one is a good case: it confirms your SLI be active. You could run 1024x768 resolution with OpenGL/GLide applications: for example try launching Quake 3 Arena game (web demo or full package, if you have it).

Best regards,

Glide