Worried About my Geforce FX5200 PCI

Started by whick90, 29 July 2004, 23:15:29

Previous topic - Next topic

whick90

I recently bought this card (Geforce FX5200 128m PCI) and I was just wondering that I have a card with no fan attached and one didn't come with it, on the boxes it says it is a low profile Bracket bundle, does that mean it doesn't need a fan? Im only asking because the other Geforce FX 5200 that I've seen pictures of on the internet have fans, should I be worried?

Another thing Is that used the auto update program to update my drivers for my Geforce FX  5200 but it only was last updated in January 2004, where can I look for 3rd party drivers or is it not necessary.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

secretfj

if your card works properly, then there is nothing to worry about..
the one you've seen with a fan is the AGP version or also PCI? coz many PCI cards like R7000, R9200, MX440 and FX5200 have no fan attached because they have lower frequency compared with their AGP brothers
hope this can make you feel better
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

sps

relax, all the fx2000 pici's ive seen(and ive seen quite a lot in my quest to find a decent pci card) have heatsinks only:). try the omega drivers for 3rd party drivers to give you some extra performance, but if ur happy with the frame rates ur getting at the moment,then i would stick with the nvidia ones.