3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Hardware Components
 AMD / ATI Video Cards
 Worried About my Geforce FX5200 PCI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2004 :  23:15:29  Show Profile  Visit whick90's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently bought this card (Geforce FX5200 128m PCI) and I was just wondering that I have a card with no fan attached and one didnít come with it, on the boxes it says it is a low profile Bracket bundle, does that mean it doesnít need a fan? Im only asking because the other Geforce FX 5200 that Iíve seen pictures of on the internet have fans, should I be worried?

Another thing Is that used the auto update program to update my drivers for my Geforce FX 5200 but it only was last updated in January 2004, where can I look for 3rd party drivers or is it not necessary.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2004 :  03:00:06  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if your card works properly, then there is nothing to worry about..
the one you've seen with a fan is the AGP version or also PCI? coz many PCI cards like R7000, R9200, MX440 and FX5200 have no fan attached because they have lower frequency compared with their AGP brothers
hope this can make you feel better

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

19 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2004 :  11:44:42  Show Profile  Visit sps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
relax, all the fx2000 pici's ive seen(and ive seen quite a lot in my quest to find a decent pci card) have heatsinks only. try the omega drivers for 3rd party drivers to give you some extra performance, but if ur happy with the frame rates ur getting at the moment,then i would stick with the nvidia ones.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums