voodoo3 3000 issue

Started by m14radu, 21 June 2009, 11:30:29

Previous topic - Next topic

m14radu

Hi,

I'm building a dual pentium pro system with an voodoo3 3000 PCI. So far i have only 64mb of EDO RAM, but..
My Problem is the driver.
I tryed the SFFT 1.5 and Amigasport 3.0 but the games and 3dfx demos are not working.
I use XP SP3 :D.
Every game or demo that i want to start crashes.

Any ideas ?

Regards.
Radu.
Follow your dreams !

3dfxfreak

What System are you using? (CPU, Ram etc.)
Have you tried to use Win98?
Maybe it will run better with Win98, because it hasn't as much 3dfx-Driver-promblems as WinXP.
I know that i have Problems with my older System as i installed WinXP.
As i installed Win98 and the original Drivers for this Card all the Problems gone. (i don't use the latest drivers, because of Problems with some D3D-Games)

If you search for more Drivers try on from this Site: http://www.falconfly.de/voodoo3.htm
Sorry for my bad english :p
My System: ECS A780GM-A,
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ , 2048mb ddr2 ram (667 mhz), AMD Radeon HD4550
My Voodoocards: Voodoo 2 ,Voodoo Banshee ,Voodoo 3 3000
others: geforce 2 64mb, geforce 6600le AGP, geforce 6600 PCIe

m14radu

Well, the system is an old one.
It has 2xPentium pro CPU's @ 240Mhz, with 64 Mb EDO Ram.
I notice that it's not possible to change the resolution in the control panel, by using the SFFT 1.5.
I was curios to see how an old system manage to run a new OS, like  XP SP3.
Installing Win98 or 2000 wolud be the next step, at the moment the system is very very slow...it's a challenge to work on it :D

Follow your dreams !

Tualatin

a dual Pentium Pro system isn't that slow to operate. I had a Pentium 133 w/ 64mb running XP SP2 and it wasn't a bare minimum to begin with. The NT family unlike the 9x line up is more memory dependant than the CPU.

I had a dual Pentium 3 box at one time and the V5 worked fine as I can recall it. Stock drivers were used at the time.

3dfxfreak

Yeah OK, I see. Your System has maybe not enough Ram for WinXP. Can you upgrade your ram? (i don't know if your System can handle more ram)
have you tried any older drivers? maybe these will work better...
but i know that the Voodoo 3 3000 will work under WinXP with both the SFFT and Amigasport drivers. But my Voodoo 3 have worked fine only with 3dfx and OpenGL-Games, under D3D-Games my System freeze every time, i think because of my older System. Under Win98 all works fine.
Sorry for my bad english :p
My System: ECS A780GM-A,
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ , 2048mb ddr2 ram (667 mhz), AMD Radeon HD4550
My Voodoocards: Voodoo 2 ,Voodoo Banshee ,Voodoo 3 3000
others: geforce 2 64mb, geforce 6600le AGP, geforce 6600 PCIe