3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Discussions
 I wonder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nSomniac
Novice

USA

37 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2004 :  06:23:21  Show Profile  Visit nSomniac's Homepage  Send nSomniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering if there is anyway to make a software sli for voodoo 5 5500, cause im about to have an agp and a pci version (w/dvi) and i wanted to know if it were possible to make a proggy that acted like a software sli to link them together... if not i will be retireing my agp voodoo 5 5500 for a better agp card which i also am getting from ebay.... well like i have said b4 thanks for any help u can give me, oh and if it's possible i will try to code it myself i just wanna know b4 i try to do it thanks

Matt

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2004 :  11:16:07  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You probably won't get a performance increase, I'd even go so far as saying that you'll get a decrease in performance.

Why?
Because there is no SLI/Loop cable to connect the two cards, all data has to be transferred through the PCI bus and AGP bus which will severely limit bandwidth.

Someone with a technical background might explain it a bit better though
Go to Top of Page

nSomniac
Novice

USA

37 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2004 :  03:49:21  Show Profile  Visit nSomniac's Homepage  Send nSomniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey no prob i just wanted to know if it could be done and if it could help thankx

Matt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums