3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Discussions
 SLI feature not detected in games.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gamejunky
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2004 :  07:35:08  Show Profile  Visit gamejunky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have another little problem that I encounterd when playing Glide based games. 3dfx tools sees the card correctly in the info tab but the game software (Mig-29 Fulcrum) doesn't want to use the card in SLI mode. When I had XP loaded on the computer I changed some of the glide files in the system32 directory and the game would see SLI feature of the card. Any ideas?

Win98SE
Voodoo 5 5500
Driver: voodoo45-win9x-ME-1.04.99
Directx6.1a

r21vo
Average

Latvia

294 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2004 :  13:55:16  Show Profile  Visit r21vo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what drivers you used on WinXP?
as I see you've used quite old drivers on Win98SE, maybe try using some newer ones like Amigamerlin 2.9.

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2004 :  19:43:00  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
the game software (Mig-29 Fulcrum) doesn't want to use the card in SLI mode

What's happened ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

gamejunky
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2004 :  05:01:19  Show Profile  Visit gamejunky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. I'll load Amigamerlin 2.9 and see if this corrects the issues. Thank you!

gamejunky
Go to Top of Page

gamejunky
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2004 :  06:27:17  Show Profile  Visit gamejunky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new drivers didn't work. I tried enableing / disableing analog sli mode and no dice. What's emulate rush option? Hmm, I wonder if it could still be a driver issue?
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2004 :  07:47:57  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

what's happened ?

In-ter-ac-tive :

gamejunky
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2004 :  07:35:13  Show Profile  Visit gamejunky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That didn't correct the problem ether. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2004 :  07:39:39  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You write
quote:
but if you're not more precise on the problem (card, game...) it will be not possible to help you.

In-ter-ac-tive :

gamejunky
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2004 :  07:19:57  Show Profile  Visit gamejunky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Game: Mig-29 Fulcrum, F-16 (Novalogic titles)
Video card: Voodoo 5 5500

Problem: The computer games listed above will not see sli mode on my Voodoo 5 5500 video card. In other words the software will not use sli mode to give higher resolutions or performance. I thought this video card has a sli mode to it. Right?

Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2004 :  21:03:11  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The max for this game (if i remember) is 1024*768 and this is totally independant with a Voodoo 5 from the sli.
Try the game with a Voodoo 2 and indeed you will need the sli in order to reach the 1024*768 but always you will be limited to the 1024*768.

In-ter-ac-tive :

Edited by - Nightbird on 26/06/2004 21:09:54
Go to Top of Page

Crash
Novice

22 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2004 :  11:25:57  Show Profile  Visit Crash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I recall, the only cards that will identify as offering SLI mode, are a pair of Voodoo2 cards, or a Quantum Obsidian 24x. With a Voodoo5, you can run in higher resolutions, though the software may not see that you have a two chip configuration.

To get Novalogic's F-16 running on my Voodoo5, I had to copy the appropriate Glide2x.dll or Glide3x.dll into the folder where the game was installed. After doing this and re-starting the game, suddenly the additional accelerated options were available.

As I recall, the MiG29 and F-16 games used the same engine.

See if you can find the correct Glide*.dlls on your system, and put a copy in the game folder.

Good luck!

FYI, almost all Novalogic games can still be played on-line for free on the Novalogic servers at Novaworld, ping permitting ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums