Mig-29 Fulcrum w/Voodoo 5 5500 game problem.

Started by gamejunky, 21 June 2004, 08:05:44

Previous topic - Next topic

gamejunky

Hi.   I can't get Mig-29 Fulcrum to use 3d accelleration.   The software sees the hardware accelleration (3dfx card.) but doesn't give the resolutions supported as it should.  I think I'm seeing a problem with the XP operating system here.   Software rendering sucks!  I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this problem?

Celeron 300a
Windows XP - Home Edition
128 MB Ram.
Voodoo 5 5500 Agp

Nightbird

Did you try to run the game in compatibility mode under XP ?
I own the game and it runs perfectly with a Voodoo 5 but under ME.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

gamejunky

I tried to run it in compatibility mode as well.   No dice!   I got the game to run one time in 3d accell. but with bad results.    Now it just crashes out when attempting to 3d accell. the game.   The error message say something like a loop error and it points at the glide3x.dll file.    I think I'll install Win 95 or 98 on the second cpu.

ArchAngelCD

I'm guessing it's a winXP problem. I played that game all the time on my Voodoo5 5500 under Win9x. I haven't loaded it on my current systen since I no longer have Glide support and that game requires Glide to run in 3D.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI

gamejunky

I got rid of the XP OS on the second computer and stuck in Win98SE and all the problems where solved.   No XP for Voodoo 5!
I had a hunch that XP was the problem.