3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Discussions
 VGA cable for Voodoo 3 3500 TV
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HamaZ
Novice

Bosnia and Herzegovina
19 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  23:02:09  Show Profile  Visit HamaZ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have a chance to get a Voodoo 3 3500 TV AGP for very little money, but without any cables.

This card has a special VGA+video connector, and it originally came with a big fat blue "breakout" cable.

Could I use some other converter cable for this card to enable attachment to a standard VGA monitor? Maybe some cable from Matrox G550 or their QID cards?

If I must have the original breakout cable, than this card is useless without it.

Tualatin
Novice

39 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  14:47:41  Show Profile  Visit Tualatin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Could I use some other converter cable for this card to enable attachment to a standard VGA monitor?

Use a DVI-I to D-Sub converter ;)
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  14:53:03  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I dont think that will work..the card is useless without the pod,unfortunately.

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

Tualatin
Novice

39 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  15:18:18  Show Profile  Visit Tualatin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh really? that's weird. In which case I'd keep an eye on eBay. I've seen them popping up on there inconveniently quite frequently. That blue pod must strike gold
Go to Top of Page

HamaZ
Novice

Bosnia and Herzegovina
19 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  16:37:23  Show Profile  Visit HamaZ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the replies.
A standard DVI->DSUB converter can not be used. Although the connector on the card looks like DVI, it is a bit longer. F**k.

Those blue pods do appear on Ebay from time to time, but they usually cost as much as a whole high-end Pentium 3 PC with a Voodoo 3 in it :D

I'll hunt for a complete Voodoo 3 3500TV set.
Go to Top of Page

Tualatin
Novice

39 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  18:03:35  Show Profile  Visit Tualatin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
A standard DVI->DSUB converter can not be used. Although the connector on the card looks like DVI, it is a bit longer. F**k.

I see, it looks more like an "HDMI" of the past. Quite advanced for its time must I add.
quote:
Those blue pods do appear on Ebay from time to time, but they usually cost as much as a whole high-end Pentium 3 PC with a Voodoo 3 in it :D

Just keep an eye on auctions NOT "buy it now's". There was a complete set that nobody cared to bid on about a week ago. Maybe I should have got it.. and then sell it to you

Edited by - Tualatin on 23/04/2009 18:21:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums