3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 Invalid Display Settings - 4500 PCI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nebular
Novice

6 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  01:55:55  Show Profile  Visit nebular's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to run my 4500 PCI in a dual monitor setup. No matter what drivers I use I keep getting Invalid Display settings when i go to my display properties, saying that the drivers were written for a previous version of windows.

I'm running winxp sp3 on an asus P5N73-AM, my primary display is the integrated video.

I've tried the included windows drivers sfft v1.5, sfft alpha 48 and the Koolsmoky drivers. I've uninstalled in safe mode, pulled board and re-inseted.
Nothing gets past that invalid settings.

The board works as I accidentaly booted to it with some wrong bios setting, but didn't let it get past initial post.

Any ideas?

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  10:31:43  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
make sure to set your BIOS to boot from pci vga first.what is your primary card,btw?

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

Edited by - ps47 on 07/04/2009 10:32:19
Go to Top of Page

nebular
Novice

6 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  23:02:26  Show Profile  Visit nebular's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My primary card is the integrated GeForce 7050. I have the bios set to boot from the integrated rather then the voodoo as I only need to use it as a secondary card.
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  16:10:18  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
you should try booting from the pci,you will not see the post screen but it shouldn't affect you windows functionality.

Go to Top of Page

nebular
Novice

6 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  01:08:40  Show Profile  Visit nebular's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I want to avoid that as I use Linux on this machine as well as Windows and having the Voodoo 4 monitor as my console screen would be a bit annoying.

But I did try it just to get it working as a temporary solution. I booted fine, windows loaded, however, it did not see my onboard video, just the voodoo4.

When I rebooted back with the integrated as primary, the same problem happened again.

I'm hoping to avoid re-installing windows as that's a pain I want to avoid. That and the problem could happen again.

Any further ideas?
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  19:18:34  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
no,not really.integrated cards are dodgy sometimes,maybe it just won't work that way..

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums