TAA Working ?

Started by Voodoo5, 09 June 2004, 16:29:00

Previous topic - Next topic

dborca

@Voodoo5
Thanks. Anyway, keep in mind that this TAA feature is based on a draft initially proposed by some guy (who wants to remain anonymous) and then discussed between Koolsmoky & me a year ago. So let's give credit to ALL the people. ;)

@LW_Hearse
The key I mentioned is used to toggle TAA on/off. Glide will enable TAA only when it sees that key defined. 123 is some crappy code winblows gives to F12.
I just might include TAA key it in Mesa CPAN, too. Along with some other feature (mesa codegen).
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Voodoo5

@LW_Hearse,
If you have not gotten TAA working yet, try this:
1)Open the folder were you unzipped MesaFX 6.1.0.6.
2) Now open the folder TAA Glide and copy the glide 3x.dll
3)paste this glide file into your Windows 98 Windows/System folder or into the folder were your games .exe file is located
4)Open Notepad and type in exactly the following:
@echo off
set FX_Glide_TAA_Toggle_Key=123
gamename.exe
5)Save this file and name it TAA.BAT (save it to your desktop or My Documents etc.)
6)Go to were you saved this TAA.BAT and copy the file
7)Choose a game you want to try TAA with and paste this TAA.BAT file into the folder were the games executable is located (the .exe file that starts the game)
9)Right mouse click on the TAA.BAT file you just pasted and select edit
10)Change gamename.exe to your chosen games .exe filename, ex. gamename.exe to Quake3.exe
11)Save your changes and exit
12)You should now be able to double left mouse click on this TAA.BAT file (the one you just edited) and the game should start with the F12 function key assigned to toggling TAA on and off

Note: you can use the first TAA.BAT file you created (the one you saved to your desktop/MY Documents etc. as a template for any games you want to try TAA with, just paste and edit it like I have tryed to explain to you.

Hope this helps you out

Voodoo5

Daniel,

Thanks for putting the TAA toggle in your Mesa CPAN (6.1.0.7), its much simpler/intuitive setting it here and having it globally applied to all games vs setting up a bunch of .bat files.

Once again thank's for all your hard work !