Gamma Correction...

Started by The SIN Raven, 08 June 2004, 22:56:03

Previous topic - Next topic

The SIN Raven

Hi there guys.
I´m having trouble to make gamma correction to work in D3D/OpenGl/Glide games...
I try to use it via 3DFX Hub in 3DFX Color.
I change for instance Glide/OpenGL to 2.0 gamma settings, but i have no changes under any API, and the image is to dark.
So 3DFX Color is not working.
Also in 3DFX Hub/3DFX Advance Settings/General, i have no Via Chipset options, what can i edict to make it apear?
O.K., what i whant is a simple way to edict and correct this under regedit.
Can anyone help me with this plzzzzz.
I´m ussing:

Athlon XP 2000+
Asus A7V333
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP
Win98SE
DX9.0b
Oficial 3DFX 1.04.00 Drivers.

Thanks in advance.

The SIN Raven

PanoramixDruida

It should work. Anyways, if you still have the CD that come with the Voodoo5, you could install 3Deep to manage the gammas. I use it because my monitor is too dark -even when I set the brightness to maximum-, and it works fine for me! Good luck! ;)

The SIN Raven

Well i dosen´t work, i dont know why.
I came from WinXP with Amigamerlin - 3.0 - Finalbuild, and all works well.
I really dont whant to use 3Deep, because i know if the new sets of drivers works, this should work too, and i´m almoast sure that it´s a registry entry that i cant find, or a dll that was corrected, because they use the same tolls version...[?]
If someone can help me i will apreciate it.
Thanks.

The SIN Raven

Blazkowicz

I had some bugs with gamma too : games way too dark with gamma settings having no effect, gamma slide greyed in quake3..
I suggest you to reinstall your drivers or to install another version (I guess the VIA option isn't available with your version, try v 1.40.01b, amigamerlin 2.9 or Evolution 0.9)
http://falconfly.de/vsa100.htm

The SIN Raven

Thanks for replying Blazkowicz.
Well i did try it yesterday, because i whant to be sure that i dont messed up or that the drivers where installed right, so i try again the 1.04.00, but nothing, them i tried 1.04.01b, 1.07.00b, Amigamerlin 2.5, Amigamerlin 2.9, and Evolution 0.9.
I even tried to reinstall several version of Via info, i use Hyperion 4.51, and i tried Via 4in1 4.35, because viaarena.com recomend them for Win9x users.
I have no solution to my problem, this is really strange.
The via chipset did not appear in any drivers and the gamma does not work too for D3D and OpenGL/Glide, but it does work in any drivers for Video Overlay and Desktop...
Does anyone has any idea?
Thanks.

The SIN Raven