3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 3dfx 4500 vertex problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

katrenia
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  01:24:08  Show Profile  Visit katrenia's Homepage  Send katrenia a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hi,
having problem running games on my new video card as it keeps telling me check your manufactor for " hardware vertex processing" .
what the heck is this and why is it doing it and how do i fix it, PLEASEEEEE.

KATRENIA

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  06:53:48  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What games, what OS (windows version), and what drivers?
Go to Top of Page

katrenia
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  07:05:11  Show Profile  Visit katrenia's Homepage  Send katrenia a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ON ROAD AND OFF RAOD RACING GAMES , RUNNING XP HOME.
Go to Top of Page

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  07:23:02  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can you give specific titles and the specific error messages which come with each game, at least one or two examples? Also, are you using the default XP drivers or a third-party set?
Go to Top of Page

katrenia
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  09:11:51  Show Profile  Visit katrenia's Homepage  Send katrenia a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
video cards drivers are from 3dfx. the 2 errors i have had are "unable to create software vertex device" and "check with card manufactor for hardware vertex processing" .
the game is 4x4 EVO2 and illegal street muscle car 3

kat
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  14:55:11  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try changing drivers and install Amigamerlin 3.0
This is the most advanced driver for XP so far...
Go to Top of Page

katrenia
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  20:03:23  Show Profile  Visit katrenia's Homepage  Send katrenia a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i tried that already and does not work
kat
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  23:30:00  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kat,

I read a posting in a newsgroup, there was a guy who had a similar problem with 4x4 EVO2, he solved it by switching the game to OpenGL.
Have a look into the manual how to do that, maybe you can run that game in OpenGL with MesaFX...
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

385 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  01:54:26  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sounds to me like the game expects hardware TnL Capabilities, as when emulating the TnL Caps the driver allocates the Vertex Buffers, you might try using 3DAnalyze and trying to emulate TnL using that, and see if that helps.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums