3dfx 4500 vertex problem

Started by katrenia, 04 June 2004, 01:24:08

Previous topic - Next topic

katrenia

hi,
having problem running games on my new video card as it keeps telling me check your manufactor for " hardware vertex processing" .
what the heck is this and why is it doing it and how do i fix it, PLEASEEEEE.

KATRENIA

amp_man

What games, what OS (windows version), and what drivers?
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

katrenia

ON ROAD AND OFF RAOD RACING GAMES , RUNNING XP HOME.

amp_man

Can you give specific titles and the specific error messages which come with each game, at least one or two examples? Also, are you using the default XP drivers or a third-party set?
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

katrenia

video cards drivers are from 3dfx. the 2 errors i have had are "unable to create software vertex device" and "check with card manufactor for hardware vertex processing" .
the game is 4x4 EVO2  and illegal street muscle car 3

kat

Rolo01

Try changing drivers and install Amigamerlin 3.0
This is the most advanced driver for XP so far...

katrenia

i tried that already and does not work
kat

Rolo01

Hi Kat,

I read a posting in a newsgroup, there was a guy who had a similar problem with 4x4 EVO2, he solved it by switching the game to OpenGL.
Have a look into the manual how to do that, maybe you can run that game in OpenGL with MesaFX...

SuperFurryFurryThing

It sounds to me like the game expects hardware TnL Capabilities, as when emulating the TnL Caps the driver allocates the Vertex Buffers, you might try using 3DAnalyze and trying to emulate TnL using that, and see if that helps.

SFFT