3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 Gaming with WINDOWS XP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2004 :  20:36:07  Show Profile  Visit maria73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I installed PAINKILLER PC game but when I want to run it a message appears: "ERROR: Could not initialize Directx 9 Renderer". I installed Directx 9 the summer 2003 version and another version called directx 9b but still teh game doesn't run.Can anyone help me with step by step instructions?Thank you.

maria liatou

1938 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2004 :  21:22:41  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess that you own a Voodoo Card ?
and did you try this patch ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2004 :  22:47:21  Show Profile  Visit maria73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not wanting to sound goofy but how can i find out what kind of card i have?the only things i know are: my pc is an e-machine,system model is imperial,bios:revision 0.90,processor is intel celleron cpu 1.70ghz,memmory 382ram(got 2 chips total of 384 but it shows only 382ram,dont know why is that),directx 9.0b,page file:418mb used and 183mb available.does this help?noone else on this site i could get any answer to my problem...

maria liatou
Go to Top of Page

149 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2004 :  23:21:22  Show Profile  Visit omega_supreme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I doubt that you cant find the answer on this site. In the past few weeks I explained how the game work to several people.

Here's the link.

The patch that nightbird gave only works for the demo. That is if you have a voodoo 4/5. I guess you have one of those considdering the rest of your computerspecs. Since Amigamerlin still doesnt have a patch for the full version you will have to use 3danalyze. In the link everything is explained. 3danalyze can be downloaded here

good luck

ps. If you have more than 32 mb of video memory its a voodoo 4 or better. If its just 16 mb its a voodoo 3 and than i dont have a solution for your problem.
Go to Top of Page

508 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  09:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@ Maria73

To find out what graphic card is in your PC I suggest you download Everest Home Edition, you can find it here :
Under DISPLAY/GPU you can find infos about the display adapter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums