3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Gaming with 3dfx Voodoo cards
 Games
 Resident Evil 1 and Voodoo 5 5500
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Siegewolf
Novice

Yugoslavia
1 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  00:45:19  Show Profile  Visit Siegewolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recently I decided to play for the first time well known Resident Evil saga and I was about to start from the first game, of course.

However, on my old machine with Voodoo 5 and under Windows ME, I cannot run the game in glide (weather I chose "Diamond Monster 3D" or "Orchid Righteous" as only 3dfx choices that game offers to me). I tried to run the game with Voodoo 2 patch I found on the net, but still no luck. As soon as 3dfx logo and Virgin logo pass, screen remains black. It works well in software mode though...

Is there a way to run Resident Evil 1 in beloved glide on Voodoo 5 at all? :(

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  09:46:12  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure, it has been some time...
Try selecting Rendition mode, it might work.
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2009 :  13:27:12  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
yes.as weird as it may sound,v3/4/5 cards should use the rendition mode for proper 3d acceleration..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums