3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 Help me, please!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor
Novice

Russia
9 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2004 :  13:48:22  Show Profile  Visit Victor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Help me, please!!!
I have bugs with my Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, WinXP SP1 and all drivers, includin' original 3dfx driver (3dfxvs.dll ver. 5.00.2195.0232). The bugs in DirectX games (most of them uses DirectX8): Sacred, Arx Fatalis, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, GROM, BMX2 and some others. Only if i install original driver over standart WinXP driver w/o deleting 3dfxvs section of registry, i have normal picture. Most of other games works perfect, such as Hitman2, Max Payne 1&2.
The bugs:
Arx Fatalis - mana and health indicates, but not change on the screen, mouse cursor static on the black squer, menus don't transparent.
NFS HP2 - no small NFS logo in the game menus and their borders looks ugly, loading bar longer then normal and w/o border, back mirror also w/o border.
Sacred - transparent map don't work and on the map all black, pictures on the different load screens looks same.
BMX - all text in the game blinking or not rendering.
When i install AM 3.0 there is disappear 85 Hz for 960x720 res. - it has only 60&75Hz.

r21vo
Average

Latvia

294 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2004 :  15:36:59  Show Profile  Visit r21vo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe try different drivers, I tried to run NFS: HP2 on VooDoo4 4500 and it worked perfectly.
for what you need 960x720 resolurion, can't you use 800x600 or 1024x768 instead?

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv
Go to Top of Page

Rampage
Novice

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2004 :  16:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Rampage's Homepage  Click to see Rampage's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think you have a bit of driver corruption.

You may try to reinstall Windows. Then install the latest and best driver. You can also try Windows 98. Or even make a dual boot. Which I have too.

Porsche Owned!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums