3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Discussions
 Voodoo2 not recognized at all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  19:51:58  Show Profile  Visit chrisrogers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was bored this weekend and decided to pull out some old school games. Some of them had 3dfx support, so I found my Voodoo2 (it's the 3dfx-branded V2 1000).

Trouble is, my computer doesn't even recognize that it's there. It doesn't show up in Device Manager, or even Linux when I run lspci.

I get video through the pass through cable, so that makes me think that everything is OK electrically. I even tried moving it to a different PCI slot.

System is an Athlon 700MHz, AMD Irongate 751 chipset, 384MB of RAM, and a Matrox G400 as my main video card, running Windows 98 SE. Are there maybe any known issues with this chipset and 3dfx cards?

1461 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  15:54:13  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
you should have a "multimedia device" listed in your device manager,probably somewhere between sound and controller devices.if the card is not detected at all,chances are it is dead..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

20 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2009 :  18:28:48  Show Profile  Visit 3dfxfreak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe your Voodoo2 is dead, try it on another System to except an MB-Failure
but i think your Voodoo2 isn't working after a long time lying somewehre...

Sorry for my bad english :p
My System: ECS A780GM-A,
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ , 2048mb ddr2 ram (667 mhz), AMD Radeon HD4550
My Voodoocards: Voodoo 2 ,Voodoo Banshee ,Voodoo 3 3000
others: geforce 2 64mb, geforce 6600le AGP, geforce 6600 PCIe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums