SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

m14radu

A short description on "what's new" should be !
When i know what was changed or improved, i can test this.

Btw, SFFT is for me a 3dfx hero !
Keep up the good work !

Follow your dreams !

Raff3DC

Acknowledged! I'd appreciate release notes too.

Today I'll swap my motherboard and reinstall the V5 5500 PCI ... hoping that she works properly again. Then I'll do some testing at the weekend. It would be nice to know on which things I should focus my analysis. :)

As you can see, there are still many people that want to test and help!

Greetings from Germany,
Raff
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

Glide

I agree release notes being very useful because every guy can know improvements and/or bugs before both driver's download and installation. But please we don't ask release notes together new SSFT release because alpha testing begins only when driver is available on line. So we all can build release notes for every package in this topic, by posting our tests' results.  

I like to thanks both our SFFT as well as you testers.

Good 3dfx,

Bye bye

m14radu

In the SFFT driver the emulation of T&L function is present.
It's possible to improve the driver by adding others functions ?
For example in 3DAnalize are also another function available like emulating Bump Maps, pixel shaders and so on...
Can they be added to the driver ?
It will be very useful because now, in order to start almost all games, the 3DAnalize program is needed.
Would be possible to do a "merge" between the SFFT driver and 3DAnalize functions ?

Enabling or disabling this additional functions should be done by using the 3dfx hub. Or better, the driver automaticaly enable this function when the application request it.

Btw. in the actual SFFT51 driver, the 3dfx hub is not working. Nothing happent when i click this option on the task bar.
What about the Geometry assistant and 3dfx info window ?
Can they be implemented ?

I also notice the Setup program whitch instals the driver automaticaly.... VERY GOOD !
Thanks SFFT !

Br.
Radu.
Follow your dreams !

ggab

the Setup program does not work in non english windows versions.... :(

Geometry assistant is for win9x only... isn't it?

3dfx hub with a51 works right here... (i replace the usual 3dfxvs.dll & 3dfxvsm.sys)

GAB

Rolo01

Here are some results with Alpha 51 :

Battle for Middle Earth shows extreme flickering problems, ALT-TAB out and back into the game helps. Beside that, Alpha 51 looks and performs exactly like Alpha 50.

Shadow of Memories now runs perfect, this is the first time I see that game run on a Voodoo card. Sorry, no screenshot, the ingame function seems to be disabled.

Iron Storm finally runs, too.
You have to apply Patch 1.041, after that it runs just fine.
Image Insert:

56.05 KB

Enter the Matrix runs fine as well.

Rolo01

Although I was not able to produce a BSOD (yet), I noticed some things :
Panzers Phase 2 runs fine, but shows some texture problems that were not there before :
Image Insert:

126.02 KB
This happens when a tank explodes.

In Half-Life 2 : Episode One there are no videos visible on screens ingame :
Image Insert:

50.44 KB

This is what it should look like :
Image Insert:

79.8 KB
Screenshot taken with ATI X850XT-PE.

Also in Episode 1 the sun is shining through solid material :
Image Insert:

46.85 KB

Those issues are not caused by Alpha51, they were there before.

gab

in HL2, excellent image quality! this is the first time a play it, with my v4 :D

the AMMO, is cut off (at the right):

Download Attachment: _dm_overwatch0002.jpg
160.99 KB

gab

also cstrike source, is almost full speed in 640*480 and excellent quality too!

but, in the stress video card test (at the game's menu) some rotating wall are all white)

-------

another HL2mp (multiplayer mode, to test the guns... )

the glasses are not showed (in the sshot, are broken with some shots)

Download Attachment: __dm_overwatch0000.jpg
87.59 KB

Glide

Are there some testing results about current SFFT Alpha 52 driver release?

https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/sfft_alpha52_voodoo3_4_5/

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Bye bye

kiith

I use v5500 PCI, BIOS 1.16pci but in  
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\3dfxvs\Device0\HardwareInformation.AdapterString
ssft driver always display my video card is voodoo5 5500 agp
WHY?

sfft_alpha52
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\3dfxvs\Device0\D3D\SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION=0
(D3D AA Single Chip Only mode) seem do not work
in sfft_alpha51 it ok

m14radu

SFFT 52 - there is no release note about the driver improvements.

Follow your dreams !

mhanor

another THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, but with sfft52,
using the latest version of nquake with default settings (desktop=1024x768@16bpp)

as always, it doesn't happen every time, just try playing with it
usually, it happens when exiting the game

you can get nquake from:
http://nquake.sourceforge.net/

minidump:
https://www.3dfxzone.it/public/uploaded/mhanor/2007112821583_Mini112807-01.zip

SuperFurryFurryThing

Notes on using setup.exe to install drivers. The setup.exe supplied does not install the drivers completely it merely installs the driver package into the driver database. In order to install the new driver the drivers needs to be updated and the latest driver in the list of installed drivers selected. It is recommended that if setup is being used, that the first thing done is to un-install any previous sfft drivers, via control panel using the un-install programms option. This should then request a reboot, and the default MS driver should be installed. then install the new sfft driver and then upgrade the driver from the MS driver to the sfft driver which should be listed under the drivers for the device. It is worth checking the installed driver version using the card properties tab to check that the lastest version of the driver has been installed.

SFFT

ggab

severe issue with alpha52

when loadind PDF files in Foxit reader, or loading some programas, as EOS Utility 2.2 from Canon (to download images from a digital cam) the cpu usage is 100% and it slow down to much the pc.
The same thing with loading video files. (it uses overlay video i guess)

my only solution is going back to sfft51, it solve the (quite severe) issue.

PS: there is a new thread related to aditioin feedback to sfft alpha 's releases:
Suggestion: SFFT Release Notes
www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7604