SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFurryFurryThing

It's alright I have found the colour palette problem, and fixed it.

SFFT

roflkopp

Are there any release notes for new SFFT Alpha?

mcmagostini

SFFT,

The fix on the color palette will make a35?
Or you gonna re-release a34 with the fix?

Regards,
Matheus
AmigaMerlin / SFFT / MesaFX
Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E

benna

Rome:Total War, patched to version 1.5, have some bugs with alpha34

this screens was make at 32bit because,with 16bit rendering, the game crashes to desktop after the loading screen
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

ps47

QuoteOriginally posted by AntiMatter_16

Just installed the 34 version over the 33. Running XP with a Voodoo 3 2000 running on an old AMD K6-II 500 oc'ed to 550. 256 megs of PC100. Ran GlQuake fine, 96.2 fps. Quake III doesn't want to find the GLide renderer, so it runs in OpenGL, kinda slow. Homeworld doesn't want to run in GLide either. Not sure of the problem. Any advice? UT detects Glide okay. It doesn't run too well though, even on the lowest settings. Need For Speed High Stakes runs well. It also detects GLide. I had some crashes with the 33 driver. Dunno if they're still around for 34. Could just be that it's an old game, and not so XP compatible.
these are opengl/glide related problems and they have nothing to do with the D3D core.unpack this archive to your windows/system32 folder to have original 3dfx glide/opengl.this should fix your problems (screensavers,q3 slowing down)..

AntiMatter_16

I installed the DLLs... didn't seem to change anything. Homeworld and Quake III still don't find Glide Rendering. I did get 2 FPS more in Quake I though. =) Do these replace the SFFT34 drivers I installed, or are they independant?
SLI Voodoo2s 12meg
Voodoo3 2000 16meg

ahavasi

AMD Athlon64 3200+@4200+, MSI K8N Neo4-F, 1gb Supertalent 480mhz, VooDoo 5 5500 Mac@PC

Raff3DC

QuoteOriginally posted by ahavasi

NFS: Most Wanted freeze again...[V]

Where and when? Ran already fine on my machine with the alpha 32.

Greetings,
Raff
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

ps47

QuoteOriginally posted by AntiMatter_16

I installed the DLLs... didn't seem to change anything. Homeworld and Quake III still don't find Glide Rendering. I did get 2 FPS more in Quake I though. =) Do these replace the SFFT34 drivers I installed, or are they independant?
both games dont use glide natively.for quake3 (opengl game),try to copy the last opengl icd (rename to opengl32.dll) to your q3 folder and make sure to select opengl in the game video options.q3 ran pretty well on my old K6 with voodoo3,but I have win98se installed.old pcs+xp=no good,if memory serves.

homeworld is somewhat problematic,as it doesnt support opengl under win2000/xp.check your homeworld folder,there should be a folder named "drivers" or something like that.inside that folder,there should be another folder named winnt (or something like that) with an 3dfx opengl driver inside.rename the folder to win9x (or windows9x,as I said,I'm not sure what the original name is,basically you need to change "nt" to "9x"),and 3dfx opengl (from the ingame video menu) should be available again.

anyway,all your problems have verry little to do with the SFFT D3D core,so if you continue to have issues,I suggest you create a new thread in the voodoo3 section,because here it is off topic.

benna

Lock on: modern air combat is still not working [:(]
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

ahavasi

I cant play NFS:MW whit all SFFT, after 5 mins I got black screen. I tried whit my VooDoo 4, and Voodoo 5, and the same problem...
AMD Athlon64 3200+@4200+, MSI K8N Neo4-F, 1gb Supertalent 480mhz, VooDoo 5 5500 Mac@PC

Rolo01

My first experiences with Alpha 34 are good, no texture corruption so far.
Flatout : Runs fine with min. details, some walls seem to be transparent.
Swine : C&C like game, runs fine with no graphic errors, but freezes after a minute or so when run in full screen mode. No freezing so far in windowed mode.
BTW, Swine ( Full Version ) is freely downloadable here :
http://www.gamershell.com/download_11942.shtml

gtxe

Shadow Ops Red Mercury
in the menu:

the cutscenes (videos ?) are not visible (black screen).

in the game everything is fine:

used driver: SFFT 34 with v56k

Combatman

I am hving a problem with certain games with this driver
I have experienced various glitches in various games. With SFFT ver35 halo works great. This is the family computer and everyone is ahem "mad" at me for ruining their games.  Here is a list of games and glitches so far

Unreal Tournement game of the year edition: Cannot play certain levels such as Peak in Deathmatch and other game modes states error :found 4 expected 45677 and other crap.

Tumblebugs: The bugs turn into squares and funky colors.

Sisters game Crayola Magic Wardrobe:not as they may seem. The color white turns turqoise. orange turns to another color. Maybe this is a compatability issue with older directx games?

Combatman

THere is a problem with unreal tournement the exact error it gives when i go to play the level peak is: Critical error Serial size mismatch, got 2 expected 43859 and other crap anyways here is the link to tumble bugs.  http://zone.msn.com/en/root/deluxe.htm?code=110429257&RefId=8302 I repeat this is my family computer they are all "mad" at me for screwing up their games with this driver.