3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

interterranhp
Novice

Brazil

8 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  20:17:58  Show Profile  Visit interterranhp's Homepage  Click to see interterranhp's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey.. the new SFFT driver alpha 33 worked fine with me!
AMD ATHLON 1ghz, Voodoo4 4500 Powercolor.
I installed 3dfx tools and VControl... They yorked fine!
The driver work fine with a Voodoo5 5500 PCI too!
Greetings from BRASIL!

3dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI
AMD AthlonXP 2600+
Asus A7V600X
512mb DDR400 Kingston
120Gb Seagate SATA
120Gb Seagate SATA
Go to Top of Page

mhanor
Novice

26 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:40:25  Show Profile  Visit mhanor's Homepage  Send mhanor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
apparently this topic's replies do not get read by SFFT driver's developers
the Electric screensaver's palette problem is still there... this is somewhat disappointing
Go to Top of Page

benna
Average

Italy
376 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  14:27:40  Show Profile  Visit benna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gta san andreas is no more working with alpha33: it quit to desktop before the menu

my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  15:19:02  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got the impression that the screensaver problem was an opengl issue, the SFFT drivers are only a D3D update, you can use whatever glide or opengl you want with them.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

mhanor
Novice

26 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  16:23:59  Show Profile  Visit mhanor's Homepage  Send mhanor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the screensaver Electric! is a 2D-only application that has a color palette issue with SFFT32 and SFFT33
the 3D screensaver, that has a problem with the SFFT32&33 drivers, is VoodooLights
with the SFFT drivers 31 or older, these 2 screensavers run without a problem (I think that 31 was the last driver that worked ok, I don't remember exactly)
I was expecting that SFFT33 will come with this issues fixed

SFFT is a update of the main video driver (which contains the DirectDraw/Direct3D parts, and requests to the video card do not just pass the video driver, even if it concerns OpenGL or Glide. Or at least that's what I know. But, even if I'm wrong, if the OpenGL/Glide dlls in SFFT are all the same since SFFT28 (alt least - tested), then there must be something with the part that's being updated.

The 2D screensaver can't do color cycling (see the screenshot at page 54 of this topic) and the 3D screensaver has a problem with initializing OpenGL (it fails) in the screensaver's preview area in the Display Control Panel. Also, there are some issues of restoring the color palette or corruption of it (I'm not sure which case is it) after exiting full screen applications (which use OpenGL, or Glide; or even VMWare Workstation, which I'm not sure what interface is using in full screen)

Edited by - mhanor on 04/01/2006 16:27:20
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  17:30:07  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try an opengl dll from an earlier sfft that worked with the latest driver core and see if that works, I am not sure whether the opengl dll that I shipped changed sometime around then that could be the cause.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

mhanor
Novice

26 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  18:12:14  Show Profile  Visit mhanor's Homepage  Send mhanor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the files in SFFT27,28,29,31,32,33 are all identical except 3dfxvsm.sys and 3dfxvs.dll (and a html file which has different names under different versions or it's missing)
I have tested this using MS's windiff utilitary

Edited by - mhanor on 04/01/2006 18:14:27
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  18:48:46  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which was the last version it worked ok in.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

Raff3DC
Average

Germany

348 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  19:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Raff3DC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SFFT, is it possible to make the driver run CoD 2, F.E.A.R. and maybe Serious Sam 2 in DX7 mode?

Greetings,
Raff

The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/
Go to Top of Page

benna
Average

Italy
376 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  21:13:56  Show Profile  Visit benna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gta:san andreas works correctly with 3dAnalyzer v234

my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5
Go to Top of Page

Raff3DC
Average

Germany

348 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  21:39:36  Show Profile  Visit Raff3DC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've found a new bug in Gothic:

Some character's textures are missing and fonts are corrupted SFFT Alpha 32 worked.

Greetings,
Raff

The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/
Go to Top of Page

agrelaphon
Average

Greece

164 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  22:57:12  Show Profile  Visit agrelaphon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By the way, everything (includind 3dmark) is now (Alpha33) faster for Voodoo3
Go to Top of Page

Glide
Web Admin

Napoli

26595 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  00:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guys, many thanks for these reports.

I want to underline two things.

The first, don't worry about how much and which files were changed from the previous releases. This topic is a collector of user reports, it is about SFFT driver testing and not about its analysis or development. However, about OpenGL and old files in the current (33) SFFT release, please don't forget MesaFX and Sage(GL) libraries and that those can work with this driver.

The second, this topic is constantly read by SFFT and other. Please reflect over this concept: the main target of these upgrade works is to improve the 3dfx hardware performance first of all with the (newer) games. Then, there are the other applications like the (nice) VoodooLights screensaver that, on the other hand, runs without problems with Voodoo2 and old reference drivers.

Bye bye

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page

Gorik
Novice

Italy
23 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  12:02:45  Show Profile  Visit Gorik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi to All!
The new 33 work fine for me, I'll continue to test, I followed this procedure:

- Uncompress alpha 33
- Copied the new 2 Files (3dfxvs.dll, 3dfxvsm.sys) in the directory "driver2k" of AMIGA R11
- Launch the setup.exe in the main directory of Amiga R11

I had notice of improve in performance in Harry Potter and Prisoner....
I don't test other D3D games for now, sorry

I follow a same procedure for sage and dxtn.dll included and I find an Improve in dosbox application (but this is OT and I'll speak in the other thread)

Bye Bye
Emiliano

MB: Gigabyte GA-7ZXE
VIA VT8363A (KT133A)
CPU: Duron 1.3 Ghz
RAM: 256 MB PC100
H/D: 10 GB, 20GB
CD-ROM: WAITEC ALADAR1
AUDIO: CT8550
VIDEO: VOODOO 5500 AGP 64 RAM bios 1.18
Go to Top of Page

mhanor
Novice

26 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  18:40:22  Show Profile  Visit mhanor's Homepage  Send mhanor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
these is the table with the results of the tests I have made last night and today

Drivers Electric 1.3.1 VoodooLights 1.2.9 rc2
3dfx 1.04.00 yes yes
sfft[20-23] nope yes
sfft[24-33] nope nope

"nope" for Electric means "the screensaver doesn't cycle the colors"; "yes" is the opposite of it
"nope" for VL means "the screensaver fails to create the OpenGL context in the screensaver preview area of the Display Control Panel"; "yes" means the opposite
the drivers were clean-installed using the 3dfxUnVer2.inf file and for alpha33 I used even Driver Cleaner Pro 1.3 (besides 3dfxUnVer2.inf). The drivers settings used were the default ones (set at the installation of each driver version, by the installation process). "3dfx 1.04.00" represents the last official 3dfx drivers for v4/5 and win2k...

I know these results contradict what I have said in earlier posts, but these are the results... It took several hours to complete the tests (not to mention attempts without clean-installing the drivers, in reverse order, from 33 to 31, to 29; then clean-installing 27, then 25 -> the problems were still there and I decided to make the tests of which results are displayed in the above table)

Glide, I know that the main goal is to make more games work with 3dfx hardware, but this issues are old and few; if game bugs can be fixed, why shouldn't these be fixed? I'm confident that the gliches affecting these two screensavers may be affecting other apps. Also, I was expecting a little feedback from somebody... anybody... It's not so difficult to install/copy these two screensavers. It's a piece of cake... I'm sure that games are much more challanging at installing/testing/debugging.
I make the comparision between files from different sfft versions to try to understand what has changed and what has not, in my quest to understand what's the source generating the problems.
Also, note that I'm using a standard Voodoo4 4500 AGP video card, not a Voodoo2.

Edited by - mhanor on 05/01/2006 19:12:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums