3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2005 :  15:02:58  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PS47
Thank you for the info, I never thought that SLI would be an issue. In any case I am getting to understand that this problem is something that I will have to live with.
Go to Top of Page

Dautonico
Novice

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2005 :  19:29:51  Show Profile  Visit Dautonico's Homepage  Send Dautonico an ICQ Message  Click to see Dautonico's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Like, i may be saying bull****, but with the new implementation of SLi by Nvidia, wouldn be possible to study they way of running it on win2000 and winXP and translate it to voodoo so it would be a problem also? Sorry by my english

BraSil...
Go to Top of Page

Rampage
Novice

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2005 :  19:37:24  Show Profile  Visit Rampage's Homepage  Click to see Rampage's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was thinking that these drivers are becoming very grown up now. Are you already thinking to create a Release Candidate V1.0 or something like it. Perhaps is is time to ;)

Porsche Owned!!!
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  00:07:52  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that there are still issues that need looking at.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

Dautonico
Novice

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  01:08:55  Show Profile  Visit Dautonico's Homepage  Send Dautonico an ICQ Message  Click to see Dautonico's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I maybe be asking too much, but i think SFFT you´re the only guy i know thath can answer this question : Why GTA3 and GTA Vice City wont run on The V3????? Like i´ve even head that on intel system it does, is this true???? Please forgiveme if im asking too much, but this is really upseting my mind

BraSil...
Go to Top of Page

aperson
Novice

31 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  10:15:01  Show Profile  Visit aperson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been having a couple problems with Neverwinter Nights.

I don't suppose anybody here has this game and has played with the SFFT drivers? I've been having freezing errors during loading screens and the like, while graphical data is being loaded probably, and somebody has suggested that it might be the video card/drivers. Has anybody had similar experiences?

There's also so problems with excessive black areas (not related to gamma) and glitching. I'd post screenshots but they come out garbled when pasted into photoshop. Again if anybody has any suggestions or knows what I'm talking about, the help would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  11:49:49  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
..do you have the latest mesafx? What card do you have? if you want to post a screenshot,you will need hypersnap or something similar,regular programs cant capture glide screenshots..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

Rampage
Novice

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  13:42:58  Show Profile  Visit Rampage's Homepage  Click to see Rampage's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dautonico

I maybe be asking too much, but i think SFFT you´re the only guy i know thath can answer this question : Why GTA3 and GTA Vice City wont run on The V3????? Like i´ve even head that on intel system it does, is this true???? Please forgiveme if im asking too much, but this is really upseting my mind

Wll they do work. Or, I have had vice city working on a Voodoo 3 3500 AGP. But that wasn't with these SFFT drivers unfortunately.

Porsche Owned!!!
Go to Top of Page

aperson
Novice

31 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  18:54:51  Show Profile  Visit aperson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I should have been much more descriptive. I'm using a Voodoo5 5500 with Windows XP SP2. I was using SFFT 19 but now I've got 22 installed. I haven't gotten the chance to play since installing the 22 version, so maybe it won't freeze anymore, but I'll post if it does.

My NWN settings are all minimal, with compatibility textures. I only have a 700mhz machine, but it runs fine thanks to the SFFT drivers (praise SFFT!) I have the entire platinum installation (NWN + two expansion packs). I believe it was freezing even when I only had just the base game installed. They are all fully updated using the online auto-updater.

For screenshots I was using alt+Print Screen. It works on all the games I can remember trying, but evidently not NWN. Is there a freeware screenshot program I can get that will work instead?

I don't know what Mesafx is or how to use it in conjunction with NWN. I downloaded the current release just now and there's an opengl32.dll. What do I do with this and how should my 3dfxtools be setup to use it?
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  19:26:40  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MesaFX is an OpenGL ICD, just use it instead of the old 3dfx icd.
Put the glide3x.dll and opengl32.dll that came with the MesaFX package in your NWN folder and you are good to go.
For screenshots : In the 3dfx tools you can assign a key for taking screenshots under OpenGL. Its in the tab with Direct3D, OpenGL and General.
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  20:14:55  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So far as I am aware Vice City requires a 32 Meg card. GTA3 freezes on a V3, I havn't managed to work out why. Is NWN a Directx game or an OpenGL game. it is worth testing with the Alpha 22 if its a DirectX game.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  20:54:07  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
NWN is opengl.just use mesafx as Rolo01 suggested and you will be fine.my bet would be that NWN will use some terrible D3D safemode if you attempt to run it under xp with a voodoo5 without mesafx.btw,you are a voodooer and you dont know what mesafx is? tssk tssk..

Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  21:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
GTA3 was known for running under Win9x and with an Intel cpu using the first 3dfx driver for DirX7.0 : 1.03.00 driver kit.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

aperson
Novice

31 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  22:06:18  Show Profile  Visit aperson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Then why does the readme for NWN say it requires DX 8.1?

The latest Mesafx I downloaded on this site (6.2.0.2) doesn't include a glide3x.dll, only opengl32.dll. I'm having trouble understanding how placing it in the directory without having to register it would affect anything, but I suppose I'll take your word on it.

I looked through 3dfx tools and can't find anything mentioning screen shot or even allowing my to input a key for anything.
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2005 :  22:45:37  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
not all 3dfx drivers/tools have the ability to do screenshots.use hypersnap.to run NWN with mesafx just copy the opengl32.dll from the 6.2.0.2 release (ok,you did it already),plus the glide3x.dll from the latest full package (the one from the voodoo3/4/5 folder).boom mesafx is installed.run the game in a different resolution than your desktop,and thats all.that is the beauty of the mesafx driver-no installing,it wont mess your registry,you just put it in the game folder and you are ready to rock.

Edited by - ps47 on 24/01/2005 22:47:45
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums