3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2004 :  22:24:09  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is the same problem under Win9x and XP.
Frankly for now, no idea.
The ideal would be to know where/what is exactly the problem.
But the game engine is different of the first NFSU, sure.
I would be curious to know if and how the game runs on a no-3dfx card, something like a XSabre...

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2004 :  00:48:57  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has Anyone tested NFSU under Win2k. I found that it only rebooted sometimes with the Alpha 16 driver, and if it didn't reboot I could play it ok. It always rebooted under XP. Can anyone confirm this.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

Kyon_CoraeL
Novice

47 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2004 :  01:12:04  Show Profile  Visit Kyon_CoraeL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if it's a black screen in win9x for NFSU 2 turn your settings detail bar down to zero, I've had the same problem when first installing on my friend's radeon 9700... it would have a black screeen except for the map. This happens because NFSU 2 misinterpreted the cards ability. I am not sure if this applies for the voodoo problem with NFSU 2 tho
Go to Top of Page

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2004 :  19:34:56  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strange thing happen with the SFFT16 drivers today. I was not able to start the Flight Sim game at all as the scenery was loading the game would crash and a window would come up asking to send report to Microsoft and also give the option for restart of game. I tried several attempts to get the game to load and subsequent attempts failed. I reloaded the SFFT16 drivers and everything was normal.
I had not changed anything since using the game yesterday. Thought 2 days ago I set to 3 tile to check some software operation. After I set it back to 4 tile. Yesterday the game played well, I did notice some corruption in one of the display views yesterday but thought nothing of it.
Go to Top of Page

Dautonico
Novice

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2004 :  14:39:49  Show Profile  Visit Dautonico's Homepage  Send Dautonico an ICQ Message  Click to see Dautonico's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Strange thing happen with me today, i updated my drivers from AmigaSport 3.0 to the SFFT 16 v3 today, just to see what impact it would have on my games, but all mey D3D games stopped working, i went to Dxdiag to see what happens and all the tests just show a weird image of the Directx Cube spinning, can anybody help me out?

BraSil...
Go to Top of Page

Voodoo5
Average

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2004 :  15:11:50  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@SFFT,

I cannot seem to force/enable 16 bit in Half life 2 as you suggested (cannot find any any console command or a setting in the games config. file to do this)

Would it be possible to write a program that would force 16 bit colour depth in games using your driver ?
Go to Top of Page

Voodoo5
Average

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  05:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@SFFT,

Using the alpha16 on windows 2000, Need For Speed Underground is working perfectly for me at good framerates :

Image Insert:

35.58KB

Image Insert:

37.81KB

800 X 600 medium world detail :

Image Insert:

43.4 KB

Edited by - Voodoo5 on 30/11/2004 14:13:54
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  14:33:22  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So now NFSU (1) runs under Win9x and Win2k.

In-ter-ac-tive :

Voodoo5
Average

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  16:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another surprise , Battlefield 1942 working perfectly also with the Alpha16, although I had to apply the latest patch "version 1.6.19" (267 mb download, yikes) to get it to run .

Image Insert:

52KB

Edited by - Voodoo5 on 30/11/2004 16:21:46
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  16:49:17  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, more and more surprizing because if i remember, Battlefield 1942 ran "at the beginning" only using 3DAnalyzer (though never tried, even the demo).
Obviously, with a good driver, things are always possible ...

In-ter-ac-tive :

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  19:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@ SFFT
Do you know that probably you're doing (or improving) the best D3D core (without forgotting the dll's realized by the Team) since 3dfx is gone ?

In-ter-ac-tive :

Edited by - Nightbird on 30/11/2004 20:45:43
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  19:25:07  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am glad to see that someone else had got NFSU to run under Win2k. It will still reboot intermittently with the alpha 16, as the fix is not complete in the alpha 16. The next driver should be a bit better when it arrives. The fix is generic so it would be worth testing other games that rebooted on startup under W2k to see if they start running. I am still looking at the problem under XP. There do seem to be some problems with the Alpha 16 that can necesitate a re-installed aparently after running Set3Tile/Set4Tile and presumable SetDx7Mode/SetDX8Mode.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  19:33:18  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If we can know what NFSU (2) doesn't start, i'm sure (if this is not insurmountable) that, with a next SFFT release, this game will start.

In-ter-ac-tive :

Voodoo5
Average

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  19:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Nightbird,

quote:
Do you know that probably you're doing (or improving) the best D3D core (without forgotting the dll's realized by the Team) since 3dfx is gone ?

I'll second that opinion, SFFT has been a godsend to the 3dfx community and I always look forward to the next release

Fantastic work SFFT, I really appreciate your efforts
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  20:44:54  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So it sounds that we are lucky, we have some godsends to us.

In-ter-ac-tive :

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums