3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2004 :  01:24:25  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It certainly runs in windowed mode on XP. You have to edit the config to set windowed mode. I would try different resolutons. I think that I had it set to auto resolution.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2004 :  03:43:26  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The drivers work very well, they have excellent performance. They are keepers and they shall stay in my PC. I have trried all modes and evrything functions well with great stability. I have not found any difference between 3 tile an 4 tile. The only problem I have is the kneeboard. Take a look at the two picture below

Here is what the kneeboard does in 2AA and Fast Performance, See how the widow come up black.

Download Attachment: Bad KB.jpg
55.22 KB

Here below is what happens in 2AA and Fast Performance when I run this software. See the kneeboard shows up normaly. Why is that? What is it that the window cause to make the graphics work differently?

Download Attachment: Good KB.jpg
81.97 KB
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2004 :  12:11:02  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@SFFT,
Using the SSFT Alpha 15 and the DEMO COLIN McRAE 4 my system reboots!

Regards,
Oscar

- V6k Team -
¿Leyenda? ¿Mito? ¿Ficción? No... ¡Realidad!

Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2004 :  11:42:51  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I continue having problems with the SFFT Alpha 15, like aleatory reboots. I have tried this driver on 2 different systems with the same effect: A lot problems of instability...
¿Somebody has those problems?

Regards,
Oscar

- V6k Team -

Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2004 :  16:22:23  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There certainly are games that can cause a reboot with these drivers Need for Speed Underground is one and Halo but only on XP. The drivers aren't perfect by any means, but they should be stable running most games I have seen. I presume that your problems are game specific.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2004 :  16:42:37  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks SFFT,

quote:
I presume that your problems are game specific.

Perhaps, but many times I get those mistakes without to play to any game. That is to say, in applications WindowsXP (Outlook, Nero...)Is it normal?

Regards,
Oscar

- V6k Team -

Go to Top of Page

Voodoo5
Average

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2004 :  17:05:16  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@oschkar,

Very strange problem(s) you seem to be having, as I would guess I have 50 or so d3d gaming hours in on the Amigamerlin 3.1 drivers, testing all of the directx games in my collection and have not had a single problem to mention.

Great job SFFT
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2004 :  17:30:01  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

@oschkar,

Very strange problem(s) you seem to be having, as I would guess I have 50 or so d3d gaming hours in on the Amigamerlin 3.1 drivers, testing all of the directx games in my collection and have not had a single problem to mention.

Exactly Voodoo5, my problem is very rare... I have tried this driver on different Systems (My home, my job...) and I get the same mistake (Screen Blue Advise referent to 3dfxvs.dll).

ps. I know that SFFT is doing a EXCELLENT work.

Regards,
Oscar

- V6k Team -

Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2004 :  19:34:09  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you get 2 graphic cards in your machine. I have tested on different 3dfx cards under both XP and W2k on a range of motherboards and processors. The only stability issues I see are related to specific games.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2004 :  19:51:54  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Have you get 2 graphic cards in your machine

No, in both cases I just works with one graphic card for system(V5 PCI & V5 AGP). I have noticed that the problems come on some games and Outlook Express.

EDITED:
Well, I will try tonight other possibility. I will install the AMIGAMERLIN 3.0XP (Not Core D3D SFFT) and so, I will see if I have the same errors. Perhaps the problem is my system!!!

Regards,
Oscar

- V6k Team -

Edited by - osckhar on 28/10/2004 20:22:48
Go to Top of Page

Onkel Adrian
Novice

Germany

12 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2004 :  17:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Onkel Adrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I can't play Microsoft Train Simulator because of a system-freeze after startung this game.
Screenshot:
Image Insert:

306.68 KB

I have installed Version 2.6.1.110 (I'm using Voodoo5 5500).

My system:
http://www.nethands.de/pys/show.php4?id=32375
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2004 :  19:33:59  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What drivers are you using if you are using Amigerlin 3.1 try the SFFT Alpha 15.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

Kyon_CoraeL
Novice

47 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2004 :  02:23:18  Show Profile  Visit Kyon_CoraeL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osckhar
Lately, I've been having the same problems as well with the random reboots when I am surfing the web or something like that....It only happens when I leave my computer on for a while and start using it again tho....

@Onkel Adrian
Alot of D3D games need single chip, for example with the free game, vsys gaiden. I have tried everything and I saw the exact same problem but since this game is quite small it always crashed instead of rebooting my computer but when I changed to single chip mode I found that. the graphics were fixed as well as it not crashing. Maybe that is the problem?
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2004 :  10:42:20  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@ Onkel Adrian

The game is not very demanding :
PC Multimédia Pentium II 266Mhz/350Mhz
Graphic card 3D 4Mo
Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME and Win2000
DirectX 7.0a or supérior.

A Voodoo 3 can also run this game.

- Did you try to run the trouble shooter ?
To start the trouble shooter, click Start, point to Programs then to Microsoft Games : point to Train Simulator and then click Train Simulator Troubleshooter. Click Troubleshooting.

- Try also to run the driver in mode DirX7.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 31/10/2004 10:47:38
Go to Top of Page

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2004 :  23:35:04  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another little bug that I noticed with the SFFT15 drivers is displayed in the window here below. See the bottom right of the picture the task bar windows do not go away. I clicked on them to display the window and 80 % of the time the window closes and the other 20% of the time the window stays displayed. Even if I open other windows the tasks bar windows stay there and always on top. To get rid of the widow, I must click a function in the window then the window disappears. Also when this happens I seem to loose focus on desktop and window keyboard button that opens the start in the bottom left of the desktop is inoperative.

Image Insert:

92.54 KB

Edited by - FBS on 31/10/2004 23:36:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums