3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2004 :  03:59:54  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok I set up 3 tile and rebooted. I can now load the plane textures in 2 sample AA. The problem is that I loose the terrain textures, they become blured. I also feel a good speed increase. As for the kneeboard no change. I don't have much time left but tomorow I will check how it reacts in fast and single chip mode,
FBS

Edited by - FBS on 14/09/2004 04:00:33
Go to Top of Page

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2004 :  21:50:15  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ran the 3tile and in all modes the aircraft textures show corectly except that it causes the terrain and or scenery to become blury. The kneeboard only functions (opens correctly) when I am in single chip. as for 2AA and fast I get a black window and a heavy reduction in FPS.
Go to Top of Page

LogicalMadness
Novice

21 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  03:08:56  Show Profile  Visit LogicalMadness's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SFFT, is there any chance of adding the same Voodoo5 6000 code to your drivers as those in the Amigamerlin D3D drivers?

-LM
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Average

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  09:29:06  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LogicalMadness

SFFT, is there any chance of adding the same Voodoo5 6000 code to your drivers as those in the Amigamerlin D3D drivers?

-LM

Ciao Logical,
I can answers you .
Thanks to Hank, SFFT asap will receive a voodoo5 6000 for developing purpose, then He can start coding for 6k too having a better voodoo5 6k compatibility.

Anyway he said me that he added to his code all good thing of Amigamerlin 3.0 code (he has our source code )then is really strange that actually the "new code" is not able to support voodoo5 6k.

Anyway As I said, He will be able to code for 6k too asap then he can fix all the problems.

Kudos must go to Hank for this..

Bye to all

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

Edited by - Amigamerlin on 15/09/2004 09:31:47
Go to Top of Page

Voodoo5
Average

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  14:03:08  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to hear about Hank as he has not posted here for quite some time now
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  14:57:12  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FPS have you tried running the game in 1024 * 768 * 16 instead of 32 bit, 16 bit textures take up half the memory of 32 bit ones. It might be worth a go to see what difference it makes.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  16:11:52  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No I have not tried at 16 bit, I will give it a try later on tonight.
Go to Top of Page

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2004 :  05:18:29  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
really good news!

SFFT, are u european / country?

again, thanks to all 3'zone community (in special, the coders )
Go to Top of Page

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2004 :  12:46:33  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is what I have so far. With 3tile at 16 bit all the texture display correctly, that is to say aircraft and terrain/scenery. This has been tried in Fast, 2 Sample and single chip. I have some coruption in my virtual ****pit view. (see piture below)

Download Attachment: VC.jpg
53.96KB

I did not have time to check more conditions out but I did quickly try setting it back to 4 tile and the terrain textures are blury in 2 sample AA. Of course these test are all done at 16 bit.
FBS

Edited by - FBS on 16/09/2004 13:50:10
Go to Top of Page

FBS
Initiate

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2004 :  04:07:24  Show Profile  Visit FBS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have checked out 4tile 16bit with fast ans single chip. The aircraft textures allways show up correctly. The terrain/scenery textures turn blurry. There is a slight delay in 2AA and single chip before the texture blurr out (about 5 seconds when playing with different views). In fast pref. the textures blurr instantly.
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

386 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2004 :  17:27:28  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems like the more texture memory that you have available the better the game runs, have you tried changing some of the configuration options. if compressed textures are not being used enabling them should reduce the amount of texture memory being used. I susect that you would be able to find out the meaning of the configuration setting on a microsoft site somewhere.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

chatocl
Novice

Chile

20 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2004 :  10:10:29  Show Profile  Visit chatocl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SFFT, I check the Alpha13 vs 12 on my voodoo3 in UnrealTournament (D3D mode) and the fps remains almost the same.

I also try Halo with the modified config, first some warnings (one of them about my video ram 16MB vs 32MB required) and at the end says a "problem ocurred initializing d3d... hardware aceleration maybe disabled....." I think that no hope for 16MB with Halo....

Anyway congratualtions SFFT your driver is far away the fastest .

Chatocl
Go to Top of Page

zandro
Novice

Norway
7 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  09:25:09  Show Profile  Visit zandro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
chatocl try to set the desktop resolution to 640x480 16bit
and then run the try run the game, it might just work
Go to Top of Page

napalm3dfx
Novice

Spain

17 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2004 :  20:01:13  Show Profile  Visit napalm3dfx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
About UT2003 & Voodoo3,

I have tried this game under D3D (Alpha SFFT 13 Driver V3), and It works perfectly, but I have seen that the aim point or bead is blurred and almost imperceptible at first sight!

ps. Excellent Driver, SFFT!
(sorry for my bad English)

Take Care,
napalm3Dfx

Regards,
napalm3Dfx

3Dfx world AKA NAPALM
v3 3500&v5 5500
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Average

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  09:14:04  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Guys,
Alpha 14 are online for your testing on www.3dfxzone.it - News section.

Good Teesting

Bye

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums